Popular Tags: [View All]
Clive Lovett
Canada
Kamloops
British Columbia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
A group of five or us bought Risk Legacy for Christmas. This last Thursday we all finally attended our usual weekly gaming session. We were all stoked to play Legacy and with all the set up the excitement grew!

Without spoilers we played 3 games of Legacy in 3 hours. The first game developed slowly with Justin winning and then naming a major city after the win. In the second game, I was in a position to win but Derek quickly made a move and gained 4 victory points. In the third game I turtled and built up troops in the southern territory of South America. Once I had built up enough troops I made a run for victory. I streamed up N. America taking Greenland and Trevor's HQ and then went for Japan to get Derek's HQ. I was almost there when Derek played his missile to slow me down and then just as I went for Japan and with victory in my grasp Justin played his missile to foil my plans. Having spread my troops thin, Justin then cached in 7 coins for a big haul in troops and expanded through Europe to take Greenland and then battled down a very weak North America to take my HQ and the win.

With Justin signing his name on the board twice we got to open the first sealed package. All I can say is WOW - some COOL COOL COOL mission cards!!

If it had not been 11pm we would have kept on playing!!!

Roll on next Thursday!!

ps. I named my minor cities Bazinga and Excelsior!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Don Kim
United States
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
It only gets better Clive! Make sure everyone avoids spoilers. Tonight we opened the 3 missiles pack and apparently the face I made rivals the N64 Kid's reaction.

This game is awesome and well worth the money spent. I've already played more games of Risk than most of my other expensive designer games so I don't care that it's being marked up. That's what makes it special.

The only packets we have left are the Capital City and the 30 troops + missile pack.

The only bummer is that you can't experience it again. I considered making my own war game with similar mechanics and enjoying the reactions my friends would have.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clive Lovett
Canada
Kamloops
British Columbia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Mr_Kim wrote:
It only gets better Clive! Make sure everyone avoids spoilers. Tonight we opened the 3 missiles pack and apparently the face I made rivals the N64 Kid's reaction.

This game is awesome and well worth the money spent. I've already played more games of Risk than most of my other expensive designer games so I don't care that it's being marked up. That's what makes it special.

The only packets we have left are the Capital City and the 30 troops + missile pack.

The only bummer is that you can't experience it again. I considered making my own war game with similar mechanics and enjoying the reactions my friends would have.

Some people have suggested trading finished games with other people's finished games. I don't see that happening too often but I think we will see pictures of completed game boards. I have thought about how this legacy mechanism could be brought to other games. The only thing I have thought of so far is a city planning game - think sim city - where players play planners who have to create a designated numbers city hotspots to win. The board and rules and start up and cards could change. In the end you have a unique city. Perhaps the 'factions' could be represented by different types of planners. For example social planners who want a strong social network of services and then economic developers who promote business and environmental planners who are looking for green space and sustainably built buildings...just a thought..and for now I will be ore than happy to keep playing Risk Legacy!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.