United States
Fall River
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
Another year, another support drive, another silly Over text
badge
Which way to the nearest cliff?
mbmbmbmbmb
Any updates on a release schedule for 6e?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian Sperling
Germany
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The latest infos from Steve Jackson on http://www.sjgames.com/ogre/ dated
August 16, 2011.
wrote:

Ogre 6e Status Report: 2012

I haven't done a good enough job recently of communicating the status of Ogre 6th Edition. The status is: Still planned, still the super-fancy as per the prototypes you can see on that page (and which I expect will show up in the display case at PAX in a couple of weeks) . . .

And definitely still not on track for 2011. I warned everyone in May that it might not happen in 2011, and now I can say it definitely won't. I knew that at the end of June, before I took July off, and I should have shared.

There's no sophisticated marketing reason (and, for that matter, no sinister financial reason) for the delay. It's just "not enough hours in Steve's day." Ogre takes a certain amount of concentration and "getting into state" to do right. It's fun, but it's a lot more demanding fun than, say, making up Munchkin curses.

I continue to get more mail about this than any other upcoming project (definitely more than for any single Munchkin projects, probably more than for any two). I know you want it; I want to do it . . . it's just going to take more work.

-- Steve Jackson
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Pizio
United States
Fall River
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I thought I had seen something about 1/15 or around that time. Now that isn't looking likely.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Lundström
Sweden
Täby
flag msg tools
Now who are these five?
badge
Come, come, all children who love fairy tales.
mbmbmbmbmb
Here's just saying that I don't care when it's done. I'll buy it in a jiffy when it comes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
United States
Lexington
Kentucky
flag msg tools
admin
mbmbmbmbmb
Moved to General

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philip Reed
United States
Kyle
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
spizio wrote:

We're aiming for this year. Once the game has gone to print we'll be able to announce a date, but until then all I can report is that Steve's working on the game around other projects.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Pizio
United States
Fall River
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Philip. Do you think you could at least narrow it down to a quarter? Don't worry if you can't, I can understand not wanting to set an expectation then failing to meet it.

PhilReed wrote:
spizio wrote:

We're aiming for this year. Once the game has gone to print we'll be able to announce a date, but until then all I can report is that Steve's working on the game around other projects.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philip Reed
United States
Kyle
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
spizio wrote:
Thanks Philip. Do you think you could at least narrow it down to a quarter? Don't worry if you can't, I can understand not wanting to set an expectation then failing to meet it.

I really wish I could. The best I can say for now is that we have our Top Men working on it. Top. Men.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Matecha
United States
Florence
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Zimeon wrote:
Here's just saying that I don't care when it's done. I'll buy it in a jiffy when it comes.

I don't believe I've ever seen the phrase 'in a jiffy' outside of novels before.

Your meaning is clear though. I wish I had such patience.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barry Kendall
United States
Lebanon
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
PhilReed wrote:
spizio wrote:

I really wish I could. The best I can say for now is that we have our Top Men working on it. Top. Men.

I like this. Don't know why it strikes me in juust the right spot today, but it does.

Right. Spot.

Makes waiting ever so pleasanter.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philip Reed
United States
Kyle
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Barry Kendall wrote:

Then you'll be happy to know that twice last week we reviewed Ogre materials . . . and that Steve's next project is Ogre. As he mentioned yesterday: http://www.sjgames.com/ill/a/2012-03-06
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Pizio
United States
Fall River
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
PhilReed wrote:
Barry Kendall wrote:

Then you'll be happy to know that twice last week we reviewed Ogre materials . . . and that Steve's next project is Ogre. As he mentioned yesterday: http://www.sjgames.com/ill/a/2012-03-06

Soon my precious! sauron

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob Ramstad
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I am not experienced enough to provide a direct link to the relevant post, but Philip stated in another thread that they were hoping for 4th quarter 2012. (Christmas would be AWESOME! My son Henry is 9 and the right age for this... if the project is delayed another year or two, he'll never get the same reaction!)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Germany
flag msg tools
Because Ameritrash drips with theme...
badge
Yep, that's my avatar.
mbmbmbmbmb
rramstad wrote:
I am not experienced enough to provide a direct link to the relevant post

But you could tell us where it is, so that we can take a look at it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philip Reed
United States
Kyle
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
redsimon wrote:
rramstad wrote:
I am not experienced enough to provide a direct link to the relevant post

But you could tell us where it is, so that we can take a look at it.

We're still shooting for on shelves before the end of the year . . . and it's looking like we'll make it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.