Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jonan Jello
United States
Newark
California
flag msg tools
badge
♫ As the masters rot on walls ♫ And the angels eat their grapes ♫ I watched Picasso Visit The Planet Of The Apes ♫
mbmbmbmbmb
I keep eyeing De Profundis on Cool Stuff Inc. It's $32.49 and that price seems a bit steep. I have several other games on CSI queued up and surpassing the $100 threshold for the free shipping and my 2-player gaming buddy and I mostly play Magic on our game nights, so I don't need this expansion right away for any reason. Paying so much seems doubly convincing I won't be buying the expansion soon.
Has anyone paid online for a copy at a lower price? Should it go down in price? Is that an import price?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Andersen
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Anyone think this expansion is overpriced? Cheaper prices somewhere online?
That seems to be the going rate.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Guido Gloor
Switzerland
Ostermundigen
Bern
flag msg tools
The statement below is false.
badge
The statement above is correct.
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, you get prepainted minis, gorgeous tiles, and quite some tokens. More stuff than in many full-price games. I really don't think this is too much.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonan Jello
United States
Newark
California
flag msg tools
badge
♫ As the masters rot on walls ♫ And the angels eat their grapes ♫ I watched Picasso Visit The Planet Of The Apes ♫
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the replies, guys.
I'll eventually get the expansion, just not soon.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
K
United States
Oakland
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It's mostly a variety expansion anyway, so unless you're at the point where you feel like you've exhausted the base game scenarios or are sick of seeing the same cards over and over you don't really need it yet if you're worried about the price
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Francis Cermak
United States
Naperville
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Hex_Enduction_Hour wrote:
I keep eyeing De Profundis on Cool Stuff Inc. It's $32.49 and that price seems a bit steep. I have several other games on CSI queued up and surpassing the $100 threshold for the free shipping and my 2-player gaming buddy and I mostly play Magic on our game nights, so I don't need this expansion right away for any reason. Paying so much seems doubly convincing I won't be buying the expansion soon.

I agree the expansion is overprice for what you get comparred to the original, which can be had for $40 and you get 17 minis and 36 room tiles, verses $32 for the expansion and you only get 4 minis and 10 room tiles. Not muc bang for the buck. I'll be spending my $32 on something else sadly.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Other Tom
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hex_Enduction_Hour wrote:
Thanks for the replies, guys.
I'll eventually get the expansion, just not soon.

I was the same way...then I got the expansion. Not sure why I waited so long, it adds quite a bit to the game IMO.

Definitely can understand though once you get over that free shipping threshold.

My problem right now is I have two games in my cart and that put me over the $100 dollar mark. That is bit lame...I like it when I make a $100 purchase and have lots of games in my package...oh well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.