Subject: Question for Mark Herman - A Deeper Version? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jim Lee

Georgia
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I love Washington's War. It's my favorite wargame. Period. However, the more I play it, the more I find myself desiring two versions - the current one for fast, engaging play that has a good deal of depth; and a second, deeper version, something like "For the People." Do you any such plans, Mark? How great it would be to have this same game system with it's base mechanics and themes, going another level deeper both on the military and political side, maybe even including economic aspects. Just had to ask.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Herman
United States
New York
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
GA Jim wrote:
I love Washington's War. It's my favorite wargame. Period. However, the more I play it, the more I find myself desiring two versions - the current one for fast, engaging play that has a good deal of depth; and a second, deeper version, something like "For the People." Do you any such plans, Mark? How great it would be to have this same game system with it's base mechanics and themes, going another level deeper both on the military and political side, maybe even including economic aspects. Just had to ask.

Thanks for the good words and the support. My regrets, but this labor will have to be someone else's for now.

Mark
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Lee

Georgia
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Okay. I guess no plans (at all?) Thanks for responding and for the many hours of enjoyment you've provided us with through this wonderful game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
R S
United States
Salem
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
GA Jim wrote:

I know that when I require a longer and deeper Revolutionary Wargame, I break out 1776(which I see you are no stranger to.) What I really like is that WW feels like a shortened version of it so I usually use it to get people interested in the theme and some of the mechanics before embarking on a multiple hour/day epic struggle they might not enjoy.

BTW...I absolutely love WW. I feel its elegence and beauty will be hard, nay impossible, to beat.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Lee

Georgia
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You know, Spriggy, I don't have 1776 anymore and forgot about it. I last played it in 1980! I really love WW too, and I agree it can't be topped. I would like to see the game deepened, but I'm not necessarily looking for another rev war game per se. I remember 1776 being enjoyable, but the combat system lacking something. Also, I'm hooked on the card-driven game system (thanks to WW) and the randomness it brings to each game. I'll just continue to enjoy WW, I guess!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.