Subject: TotalCon 26: Feb 23-26, 2012 [MA] rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
angelia
United States
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
TotalCon is gearing up for it's 26th annual event this coming Feb 23-26, 2012 at the Holiday Inn in Mansfield,MA. Rob Kircher and Team have made a board gaming event that is sure to please!

Board Game Highlights include:

The Return of Tom Vasel and Eric Summerer from The Dice Tower! They will be offering games through out the weekend including a Quarriors! Tournament and Wits and Wagers!

Not Just Another Gaming PodCast

National Catan Championship Pre-Qualifier with the winner getting a trip to GenCon 2012 and a seat at the next round of the Championship.

Screening of Going Cardboard: A Board Game Documentary with producer Lorien Green in attendance!

10 New England Regional Board Game Championships: 7 Wonders, Alhambra, Dominion, Eminent Domain, Egizia, Power Grid, RA, Stone Age, Thurn & Taxis, and Yspahan

Combat Commander Tournament

Puffing Billy Tournament

Merrimack Games offering Demo's as an Exhibitor

Along with open gaming, TotalCon's library of games, young player track, and a huge selection of scheduled games including the newest favorites and the best classics. Plus full tracks of other events including rpg's, miniatures, panels, dealer hall, Industry Guests, and more!

Be there! [url]www.totalcon.com
[/url]
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Duke Of Lizards
United States
Montpelier
Vermont
flag msg tools
Livin's mostly wasting time, and I waste my share of mine
badge
I am a breathing time machine
mbmbmbmbmb
Can't wait.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Duke Of Lizards
United States
Montpelier
Vermont
flag msg tools
Livin's mostly wasting time, and I waste my share of mine
badge
I am a breathing time machine
mbmbmbmbmb
Did the events list disappear from the website, or am I missing it?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
robert kircher
United States
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
polychrotid wrote:
Did the events list disappear from the website, or am I missing it?

Online prereg is just about to open and the new event list is being loaded into the database. The excitement is building.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hoyle A
United States
fiskdale
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I love totalcon, and I hate to be critical, but the web site needs work. It looks terrible in Chrome, and clearly has stuff from previous years left over in the code. See below for an example

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Beasi
United States
Easthampton
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, I'm right there with you on that. I've never gone to Total Con, but the name seemed apropos the first time I went to the website. That said, I'm going to Unity Games earlier in the month for my third year and my experiences there have all been great. I like the very laid back atmosphere. Is Total Con for me? I'm not sure about the whole event ticket thing having never been able to get to any larger cons which are too far away. I could commute from the other side of the state to this one. I'd love to hear people's experiences.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
angelia
United States
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Glad you like the con so much and it isn't critical to share something that you think can be improved! We appreciate that greatly.

We are aware of the issues with Chrome and other non-IE browsers. It has been brought to our attention. However, at this point in time, it won't be fixed until after this TotalCon. The issue is with the sitebuilder program we currently use which only publishes the website in limited formats. Since we don't have a techinical web person on staff at the moment, we are stuck using this program. However, we have had an offer from someone to come and help us but we don't want the site going down 6 weeks before the event just when pre-reg is set to open. This is an issue that is scheduled to be addressed.

Our goal is to improve things each year as we go along so we continue to give the best possible experience. Thanks again and Good Gaming!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
angelia
United States
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Paul,

If you don't want to use tickets, you can buy a board game pass instead if that is your main focus for the con. Not only does it save a little money, it makes things easier for the board gamers while still allowing you to play in all games, tournaments, use the library of games, etc.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Beasi
United States
Easthampton
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
crazycongirl wrote:
Paul,

If you don't want to use tickets, you can buy a board game pass instead if that is your main focus for the con. Not only does it save a little money, it makes things easier for the board gamers while still allowing you to play in all games, tournaments, use the library of games, etc.

Hi, thanks for the reply.

Another problem with the website aside from technical issues is that information is not very clearly communicated. I saw the daily board game pass, but I couldn't tell if that was in addition to the standard registration fee or just in place of tickets. Are special events like the RKO live shows and screenings included with the standard registration, or are they extra?

Hard to tell from the site.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Cale
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
Yog-Sothoth knows the gate. Yog-Sothoth is the gate. Yog-Sothoth is the key and guardian of the gate. Past, present, future, all are one in Yog-Sothoth. He knows where the Old Ones broke through of old, and where They shall break through again.
mbmbmb
Does the registration cover access to the Game Library or would we need a pass for that?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
robert kircher
United States
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
TheEbonyTurtle wrote:
Does the registration cover access to the Game Library or would we need a pass for that?

You just need a registration badge to access the Game Library. The passes are one stop shopping for event tickets in Board Games. The passes are only good for board game events.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
angelia
United States
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Your registration badge gives you access to panels, movies, dealer hall, library of games, and non-tournament video gaming.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Beasi
United States
Easthampton
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks, this is helpful!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.