Popular Tags: [View All]
Big Gamer
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I just played and scored over 200 points in a two player game. Is this normal, or high? It seemed high to me! I am wondering if I am scoring wrong!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
D a v i d B u r k e y
United States
Fort Smith
Arkansas
flag msg tools
I have great faith in fools; self-confidence my friends call it. Edgar Allan Poe
badge
Ain't nobody here but us chickens...
mbmbmbmbmb
With two players, scores can easily go over 200 points if the game is not shorted by quickly building through one of the hut stacks. It is much easier to amass a ton of endgame points from the card multipliers with just two players.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Big Gamer
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Schafer
United States
Prior Lake
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
settlerdave wrote:
With two players, scores can easily go over 200 points if the game is not shorted by quickly building through one of the hut stacks. It is much easier to amass a ton of endgame points from the card multipliers with just two players.

What David said. I think my all-time high score in a 2-player game is like 363.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randall Bart
United States
Winnetka
California
flag msg tools
designer
Baseball been bery bery good to me
badge
This is a picture of a published game designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I won a three player game 207-206-204
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Big Gamer
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I went through the scoring details once again, just to make sure I did everything right, then played another game! Once again, we were both over 200. I love this game!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
meepleonboard
United Kingdom
Somerset/London
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Played a two player game yesterday which ended up 330-305. Cards ran out on the last turn as did one of the hut piles, while the other only had one hut left...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryley Tolman
Canada
Lethbridge
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Because there is no set trigger for the end of the game that involves a certain number of turns, a game of Stone Age can go on indefinitely. I once on a game of stone age where the scores were all over a billion.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charlie Theel
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I finished a game last night on boardgame arena where I beat the poor guy 464-43. I should have taken it a bit easier on him but that's difficult to do in a game where the entire game is optimizing your placement.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ozan GUMUS
Turkey
Ankara
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Our first Stone Age game with a 3 player just ended :

base + green backgrounds + toolmen + foodmen + chamen + builder + extra resources = total
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
137 + (1 x 1 + 0) + (9 x 8) + (0 x 2) + (6 x 8) + (4 x 6) + 4 = 286
112 + (6 x 6 + 0) + (0 x 2) + (5 x 10) + (1 x 8) + (2 x 8) + 4 = 226
118 + (7 x 7 + 1) + (0 x 2) + (1 x 5) + (0 x 7) + (3 x 7) + 9 = 203
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I thought we maybe did something wrong because of these high scores and only "100 scores" is surrounded by board and opened forum to learn if this is normal.

It seems this is normal because there are several examples above, but I am still not sure. Our total score was 715 and average was 238.33!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Providence
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Tryley wrote:
Because there is no set trigger for the end of the game that involves a certain number of turns, a game of Stone Age can go on indefinitely. I once on a game of stone age where the scores were all over a billion.

My first reaction was "that's crazy" then I realized you're Canadian.

laugh

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd McCorkle
United States
Anderson
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ozangumus wrote:
Our first Stone Age game with a 3 player just ended :

base + green backgrounds + toolmen + foodmen + chamen + builder + extra resources = total
137 + (1 x 1 + 0) + (9 x 8) + (0 x 2) + (6 x 8) + (4 x 6) + 4 = 286
112 + (6 x 6 + 0) + (0 x 2) + (5 x 10) + (1 x 8) + (2 x 8) + 4 = 226
118 + (7 x 7 + 1) + (0 x 2) + (1 x 5) + (0 x 7) + (3 x 7) + 9 = 203

I thought we maybe did something wrong because of these high scores and only "100 scores" is surrounded by board and opened forum to learn if this is normal.

It seems this is normal because there are several examples above, but I am still not sure. Our total score was 715 and average was 238.33!

That looks pretty normal to me. Generally speaking, first time players have higher than average scores, since the players control when the game ends somewhat. New players tend to hoard resources more and buy huts and cards slower. This results in games with more turns. More turns allow for more opportunities to get farms and tools and more huts and more cards resulting in higher scores. The more you play, the fewer turns there will be in the game and scores will go down. That's all normal. Remember, you're not trying to get the highest possible score. You just want a higher score than the other players when the game ends. It's a subtle, but important difference.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.