Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mike K
United States
Fairless Hills
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
... and, with any luck, will be part of the main story arc for the ep.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Middleton
United States
Laramie
Wyoming
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
With any luck it will be the series finale.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Pontier
United States
Oak Forest
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
More like a million to 1. Have you not noticed how terrible the games are they play in that show? They do a great job with comics, TV shows, and movies, but a terrible job in capturing the geek culture as it relates to games. The only board games they play (including one that Sheldon invented) are all roll and move games, while that silly card game they play where they just play consecutive cards dosn't seem to have any rules attached to it at all. They could have very easily made the card game Magic and we all know there are hundreds of board games they could have chosen from. But while they must do hours of research to write the physics scenes, they clearly refuse to spend five minutes online to find a decent board game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Elijah
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
They were playing Settlers two episodes ago. The Speckerman Recurrence.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Schott
Germany
Franconia
flag msg tools
designer
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn.
badge
Please fondle my bum.
mbmbmbmbmb
If there are any physicists on the set, it doesnt take that long for the physics secnes, as many things they talk about are quite common.

I agree with the poor resaerch on boardgames - from what I have seen so far - and this is not the whole series.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luke McCarthy
United States
Randolph
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It will probably be quite a while before something like that happens. Plus, maybe I'm the only one, but I would SO play mystic warlords of ka'a. I WISH it was real!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Vilfroy
United States
Greeley
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
And probably with Sheldon losing and saying "WHEATON!!"

LOL
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vince Lupo
United States
ALEXANDRIA
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Piqsid wrote:
More like a million to 1. Have you not noticed how terrible the games are they play in that show? They do a great job with comics, TV shows, and movies, but a terrible job in capturing the geek culture as it relates to games. The only board games they play (including one that Sheldon invented) are all roll and move games, while that silly card game they play where they just play consecutive cards dosn't seem to have any rules attached to it at all. They could have very easily made the card game Magic and we all know there are hundreds of board games they could have chosen from. But while they must do hours of research to write the physics scenes, they clearly refuse to spend five minutes online to find a decent board game.

I actually think that was a nice creative twist to semi-create a card game even if it doesn't seem to make sense.

And as it turns out they actually had Settlers of Catan on the table recently.

If they're paying attention they could really do a good bit with Star Trek Catan and Sheldon complaining how it was a cheap cash grab to make Star Trek Catan and how he would refuse to play it with the other 3 but would inevitably get sucked into it. Or perhaps they'd make a trip to the comic store to pick up the game but Will Wheaton buys the last copy and gets back on Sheldon's list of people he doesn't like.

While Big Bang Theory's research on boardgames may be a little light, it's already more than I expected. Most TV shows tend to play it safe with Monopoly or something because 1) the show makers probably have no idea that there are more board games than monopoly and 2) even if they did know they probably want to make the show relate-able to more people.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron
Australia
flag msg tools
Catan featured in this week's episode! Perhaps a precursor to a Star Trek Catan bit?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vince Lupo
United States
ALEXANDRIA
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Simulate wrote:
Catan featured in this week's episode! Perhaps a precursor to a Star Trek Catan bit?

Agreed. A total possibility. And the amount of catan in the episode was awesome. I think the writers have literally played catan or had a lot of help from someone who does.

I'd love to see them go to a board game night somewhere.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doug Epperson
United States
Frederick
MD
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
BA-Zinga!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Mesina
United States
Bethel Park
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
They played Elder Sign recently on the show. It was not highlighted like Catan was.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roy Stephens
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Luke1705 wrote:
It will probably be quite a while before something like that happens. Plus, maybe I'm the only one, but I would SO play mystic warlords of ka'a. I WISH it was real!

It is an actual game on Facebook. Look it up. You can even "challenge the characters from the show" (AI drones).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tyler Adams
United States
Portage
Indiana
flag msg tools
mb
Tom Servo wrote:
They were playing Settlers two episodes ago. The Speckerman Recurrence.

Exactly.. Star Trek: Catan combines two of there favorite things, Star Trek and Catan. I too would bet they play this game on one of the episodes! Would be great to see it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lars Panzerbjørn
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Not quite the same, but it was recently on Wil wheaton's Tabletop...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.