Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mike Lewis
United States
Cedar Falls
IA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
A situation popped up in tonight's game, and I don't see it explicitly stated in the rules, so I thought I'd ask.

During the Advance Fire phase, the Target Space contains a Hazmat, and it explodes. This causes a Hot Spot to be placed. According to the order of Resolution, we now resolve Hot Spots, and the Target Space does now have a Hot Spot. However, the Hot Spot wasn't there when the roll was made. Do we treat the space as containing a Hot Spot, rolling for another Advance Fire, since it now has one?

In the game we played, I said yes we should - the order of resolution doesn't make us check for Hot Spots until after Hazmat explosions. But my group wanted clarification, so I turn to my fellow Geeks. What say you?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Travis Worthington
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
2010 Releases ........................................ The Resistance, Haggis & Triumvirate ..................................... Now accepting submissions for 2011 releases ........................................ www.IndieBoardsandCards.com
mbmbmbmbmb
IcculusTheWise wrote:
A situation popped up in tonight's game, and I don't see it explicitly stated in the rules, so I thought I'd ask.

During the Advance Fire phase, the Target Space contains a Hazmat, and it explodes. This causes a Hot Spot to be placed. According to the order of Resolution, we now resolve Hot Spots, and the Target Space does now have a Hot Spot. However, the Hot Spot wasn't there when the roll was made. Do we treat the space as containing a Hot Spot, rolling for another Advance Fire, since it now has one?

In the game we played, I said yes we should - the order of resolution doesn't make us check for Hot Spots until after Hazmat explosions. But my group wanted clarification, so I turn to my fellow Geeks. What say you?

The check is made at the time of the roll - so in this case there is no Flare Up (additional Advance Fire roll)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Lewis
United States
Cedar Falls
IA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
T Worthington wrote:

The check is made at the time of the roll - so in this case there is no Flare Up (additional Advance Fire roll)

Ah! That's the opposite of how we played it, but we'll do it that way from now on. Thanks for the quick answer, Travis!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Rupp
United States
Marion
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I would have played it the same way. Thanks for asking the question.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.