Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Gadi Oron
Israel
Rehovot
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi,

I am a total beginner with this game, and I've just tried a 2p game against myself, just to clarify the rules before playing it with my friends.

I've started with creating 2 different blocks, one for each player, and it seems to me that this opening simply killed the game.

After the first round of the first phase, no player will go venture into his opponent's block, since he will certainly be in minority for 2 or more of the aspects, and just give the opponent many aspect cards. This is simply a bad move.

So it looks like with this 2 blocks opening, the game is immediately locked. I thought that maybe the catastrophe cads will cause some opening to show, but this did not really happen, and if it did, it would just be pure luck, with one player taking 2-3 blows in a row letting the opponent settle in his block and take 2 majorities at once.

Am I missing something?

Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John "AngryTetris" Prather
United States
Independence
Kentucky
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Some games aren't meant for 2 players. This, sadly, I feel is one of them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Massimo Paini
Italy
Romanengo
Cremona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
But then this game for two players is not working?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Cooksey
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It works fine with two players. If I understand what the OP is talking about, the OP overbuilt a block with a single player's houses. That is a bad strategy in any player count. If you build up a block with all the features and only one player's houses, no other players have any incentive to join in the block and you won't ever get to score it.

When you start a block, you need to leave it weak enough in some features that other players will add their own houses to the block.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.