Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Tony Alonzo
United States
Eagle Mountain
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I was excited to receive this game. I have already read many parts of the forum, as well as the electronic PDF of instructions. It took my wife and I 2.5 hours to unpack the box, review the setup instructions, and setup the 1st game scenario. I never imagined it would take this long to setup the game. Hopefully I can gget this down to 30 minutes.

By the time we thought about actually tring to play, we made 2 moves, then we were both tired and ready for bed.

We learnned a lot about the game by going through this process, however, I cant wait to actually play through a scenario.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trevor Long
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My wife is the Keeper (in more ways than one) around here. It takes her about fifteen minutes max to set up nowadays. There have been situations where we can get through a whole game, set for another, and play a few turns of that one in under three hours.

Enjoy, I know we do.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Freelance Police
United States
Palo Alto
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Tip: When setting up the cards, have the Keeper prepare the stacks BUT have one of the players put the cards onto the board. Sorta like an assembly line process.

I think I have setup time down to five to ten minutes. The more you sort the cards ahead of time, the faster setup becomes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris J Davis
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Overtext pending moderation...
mbmbmbmbmb
Sam and Max wrote:
Tip: When setting up the cards, have the Keeper prepare the stacks BUT have one of the players put the cards onto the board. Sorta like an assembly line process.

Huh? How does this work? The keeper prepares a stack then shouts "bedroom!"...? Why doesn't he just place it on the bedroom? Seems like it would take about the same amount of time.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony Alonzo
United States
Eagle Mountain
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
LordHellfury wrote:

If the scenario is clearly written and devoid of mistakes, then 15ish minutes isn't unheard of.

That would be a very acceptable amount of time for setup, especially when we take the game to friends houses. The first time we setup the game, we were referring to he manual just to figure out what each type of card looked like. I also read in the forums how misplacing one setup card could wreck the game, so I was double checking that I was placing them correctly.

I need to finish learning the specific rules regarding investigator and keeper turns, then I will setup the game again, and get a better feel for the gameplay.

We have done our best to learn a games rules and mechanics before we introduce it to our group, but we always continue to figure things out as we play it with others. This has been fine for the most part, as a 30 second pause ro refer to the rulebook for clarification was acceptable. However, it seems as though this type of behavior during a Mansions of Madness game would be disruptive and distracting from the theme. Although I am egr to introduce the game, I think I will invest a little more time testings things out to ensure a more seamless play experience for others.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.