United States
Bloomington
Indiana
flag msg tools
designer
badge
"My spoon is too big!"
mbmbmbmbmb
(sorry if this has already been asked; I tried to look around but couldn't find a thread dealing with this).

So tonight me and my pal eekamouse were playing the game, and a tricky situation arose. A combat inflicted 2 retreats on a unit without support; the unit applied the first retreat, which led it adjacent to two friendly units... so, would these two units lend support and eliminate the second retreat, or should the unit still perform the second retreat too? To us it made more sense that the number of retreats does not change after the unit starts retreating, but I'd like to double check.

Thanks!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Boersma
Australia
Clyde North
Victoria
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm fairly sure all retreats must be applied. So they would take the two retreats, despite where their first retreat takes them to.

Support can only be given to the original space. Like 95% sure. Sorry I can't be totally certain, I don't have my rulebook in front of me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Warren Davis
United States
Jacksonville
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Support only applies to the original space, so yes, if the unit had 2 retreats, then both retreats must be taken...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Guido Gloor
Switzerland
Ostermundigen
Bern
flag msg tools
The statement below is false.
badge
The statement above is correct.
mbmbmbmbmb
Once they're running, they're running, yeah.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Grainger
United Kingdom
Unspecified
Hampshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
An exception, however: if they retreat onto the space of an unattached leader (as long as they currently have no leader attached), they end their move immediately and the leader attaches to them. So in that situation, the changing conditions do "rally" them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Boersma
Australia
Clyde North
Victoria
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Good one Robert, forgot about that!
Nice call mate.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.