5 Posts

Band of Brothers: Screaming Eagles» Forums » Rules

Subject: Vehicle and gun stacking rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Franck Maille
France
flag msg tools
No more than one gun and one vehicle per hex, it is very clear.
But the rules do not specify if you can stack one vehicle and one gun in the same hex?
If yes and as vehicles do not count against infantry stacking, you might have in the same hex:
-one squad
-one gun
-one vehicle

am i right?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Janik-Jones
Canada
Waterloo
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Up Front fan, Cats were once worshipped as gods and they haven't forgotten this, Combat Commander series fan, The Raven King (game publisher) ... that's me!, Fields of Fire fan
badge
Slywester Janik, awarded the Krzyż Walecznych (Polish Cross of Valour), August 1944
mbmbmbmbmb
Answer found in rule 16.0, shown partly here:

--------------------
For purposes of stacking, a Gun counts as a Squad, but no more than one Gun may be in a hex.

Only one Vehicle may end a turn in a hex. A Vehicle may enter the hex of a friendly Vehicle, but only if it has Movement Points to continue out of the hex.

A Vehicle may not enter a hex with enemy infantry unless it also has Movement Points to leave. A Vehicle may not end the turn in the same hex as enemy infantry.

Vehicles do not contribute to or count against infantry stacking.
--------------------

I interpret that to mean that all of the following are legitimate in one non-enemy hex at turn end ...

a. 2 squads
b. 1 squad, 1 WT
c. 1 WT or squad, 1 gun
d. 2 WT or 2 squads
e. any of a-d plus 1 vehicle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Franck Maille
France
flag msg tools
thanks David.
that's how i read it too
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
beresford dickens
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Jim has ruled in an earlier thread that there can be either a Gun or a Vehicle in a hex, but not both.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Krohn
United States
New York
flag msg tools
designer
You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.
badge
Ahhh....my misspent youth...
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you, Beresford, you are correct. That is something that will be fixed in the rules.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.