Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Hernan Ruiz Camauer
Argentina
Buenos Aires
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I have re-published this long-out-of-print game in digital format.
Click here for details.

Note that this is not a print-and-play game; it is a full digital conversion exclusively for use in Battlegrounds Gaming Engine (aka BGE) virtual tabletop software.

For a complete list of boardgames, wargames, card games, and dice games that can be played with Battlegrounds, look here.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hernan Ruiz Camauer
Argentina
Buenos Aires
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Here's the new cover:

The old cover, for comparison:

And a comparison between the old and the new components:

Edit: Added screenshots. Click on each thumbnail to read the comments I posted under each picture.

Initial Setup:

Referencing a game chart:

Other goodies:
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin B. Smith
United States
Mercer Island
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Sadly, it looks like I won't be able to play because the platform doesn't support Linux.

Fortunately, I have a paper copy of the game to play.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doug Epperson
United States
Frederick
MD
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
SWEET!!!!

This is great news! One of the best solo-games I played while growing up. This is a MUST purchase!!!!

Thanks for the news AND Thanks to those who put this digital game together!

Epp
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doug Epperson
United States
Frederick
MD
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I' very glad to see that the girl ain't wearing red!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hernan Ruiz Camauer
Argentina
Buenos Aires
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
VonEpp wrote:
I' very glad to see that the girl ain't wearing red!

Why's that? Got something against Engineers?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doug Epperson
United States
Frederick
MD
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh no, just that the folks in RED usually don't end up leaving....they usually die a horrible and meaningless death.

devil

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hernan Ruiz Camauer
Argentina
Buenos Aires
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Please see the preview pics I just added to the second post. They should give a good idea of what it's like to play the game in BGE.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jaret Morgan
United States
West Henrietta
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow, this is really cool, I'm going to have to check this out! Thanks! thumbsup
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ray
Thailand
Bangkok
Bangkok
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
heruca wrote:
Click here for details.

Note that this is not a print-and-play game; it is a full digital conversion exclusively for use in Battlegrounds Gaming Engine (aka BGE) virtual tabletop software.

For a complete list of boardgames, wargames, card games, and dice games that can be played with Battlegrounds, look here.

Hernan, this post is not directed at you and not meant to down play your efforts. Just a rant in that I wish your redone Intruder game was a "Real" game and not "Digital" thing.

The problem with "Digital" or computer games is that they are fleeting. That is, they will eventually fade away in time, and usually pretty quickly in comparison to actual real "paper" games. A real board game is something that is very much real.

For example, I have many board games in my bookcase from the 80's and 90's that I can simply take out and setup on a table and play any time I want without any difficulties or problems. In contrast, I have a few "Digital" or computer games from the 80's and 90's as well, including some favorites of mine, that do not get played anymore because they require an obsolete OS like DOS or something. Yes, I know about DOS-box, but the point is that these old computer games are very much dated and require special programs and/or hardware to play whereas having an actual real game does not have these restrictions. The only restriction for a real game is that you need a flat surface to set up the game on, but no batteries included
But when you think about it, a computer game also needs a flat surface too, as well as the batteries... sort of speak whistle

It is for this reason I stopped buying computer games. I have a bunch of computer games that I just can't play anymore and I refuse to buy any computer games related to board games. But I still have all my old favorite computer games, though they just sit there on the shelf never getting used.

In short, computer games die off quickly, but real games are here to stay.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Webster
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
RayGuns wrote:
heruca wrote:
Click here for details.

Hernan, this post is not directed at you and not meant to down play your efforts. Just a rant in that I wish your redone Intruder game was a "Real" game and not "Digital" thing.

The problem with "Digital" or computer games is that they are fleeting. That is, they will eventually fade away in time, and usually pretty quickly in comparison to actual real "paper" games. A real board game is something that is very much real.

For example, I have many board games in my bookcase from the 80's and 90's that I can simply take out and setup on a table and play any time I want without any difficulties or problems. In contrast, I have a few "Digital" or computer games from the 80's and 90's as well, including some favorites of mine, that do not get played anymore because they require an obsolete OS like DOS or something. Yes, I know about DOS-box, but the point is that these old computer games are very much dated and require special programs and/or hardware to play whereas having an actual real game does not have these restrictions. The only restriction for a real game is that you need a flat surface to set up the game on, but no batteries included :)
But when you think about it, a computer game also needs a flat surface too, as well as the batteries... sort of speak :whistle:

It is for this reason I stopped buying computer games. I have a bunch of computer games that I just can't play anymore and I refuse to buy any computer games related to board games. But I still have all my old favorite computer games, though they just sit there on the shelf never getting used.

In short, computer games die off quickly, but real games are here to stay.

It was remade into a real game. Search for Hidden Intruder

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Webster
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
peakhope wrote:
Sadly, it looks like I won't be able to play because the platform doesn't support Linux.

Fortunately, I have a paper copy of the game to play.

I have heard it will support Linux if you use Virtualbox or WINE

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hernan Ruiz Camauer
Argentina
Buenos Aires
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
heruca wrote:
Click here for details.

This game now has a new webpage, since I re-designed my website. You can now find it here.

The BGE software used to play this digital game conversion is currently available at a reduced price for anyone who buys a license during this Kickstarter campaign (note that it ends in 19 days).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.