Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Andrew S. Fischer
United States
Devon
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
It's my turn as US player. I fire with one unit and it suppresses a German unit two levels to red. With another unit I move into the German unit's hex.

Does the German unit need to check for rout (even though it's my turn)? Or is there no check?

Assuming no German unit rout, does melee combat take place immediately? Or can I move/fire with another unit?

When melee combat takes place, does the suppressed unit suffer any ill effects because it's suppressed? (Rules imply it doesn't.)

Thx.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Igor Kwiatkowski
Poland
Warszawa
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Look at the turn structure: first both players complete all their operations, ie fire and movement. Then during the rout phase both players check for rout beginning with the first player, so there is a possibility that your unit will be the one to run. But then the heavily suppressed Germans check for rout and probably get eliminated. This is the penalty for being suppressed in melee. But if they pass then there are no other disadvantages.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Janik-Jones
Canada
Waterloo
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Up Front fan, Cats were once worshipped as gods and they haven't forgotten this, Combat Commander series fan, The Raven King (game publisher) ... that's me!, Fields of Fire fan
badge
Slywester Janik, awarded the Krzyż Walecznych (Polish Cross of Valour), August 1944
mbmbmbmbmb
waffel wrote:
Look at the turn structure: first both players complete all their operations, ie fire and movement. Then during the rout phase both players check for rout beginning with the first player, so there is a possibility that your unit will be the one to run. But then the heavily suppressed Germans check for rout and probably get eliminated. This is the penalty for being suppressed in melee. But if they pass then there are no other disadvantages.

Absolutely correct. My son, last night, managed to roll a "1" for a morale check on a fully suppressed German squad (he was second player) to stay in the melee and actually we both wound up with casualty reduced squads after the first turn of melee.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew S. Fischer
United States
Devon
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
Oops, I thought I'd memorized page 1 of the rules.... blush

However, what do you mean by "after the first turn of melee"? I don't see that in the rules-- just that each player rolls two dice simultaneously. Do you mean that the melee continued after the Recovery phase and the next Operations and Rout phases?

Also, stacking limits specify a maximum of two infantry squads in a hex. Does that mean a unit can't enter a hex with two enemy units? Can two of my squads enter a hex with two enemy units?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Len Vandenberg
Canada
Petawawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
The way I understand it...if neither side was eliminated completely in the melee...they remain together in the hex...and if still co-occupying at the end of the next turns rout phase...another round of melee would take place.
Reference the stacking question....I assume it is no more than 2 friendly squads/teams...so a total of 4 overall would be possible. Again that is what i assume.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Krohn
United States
New York
flag msg tools
designer
You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.
badge
Ahhh....my misspent youth...
mbmbmbmbmb
Len is correct.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.