Vladimir Atehortua
Colombia
Cali
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Right now, there is no way in the site's advanced search to query for expansions for the games I own.

I think it'd be rather easy to make such a query, and I suggest you add it to the site.

¿is it true that there is some sort of web services API to BGG data? whare can I find info about it... if I could just run the sql query, I'd have the info I need =)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
United States
Lexington
Kentucky
flag msg tools
admin
mbmbmbmbmb
In the advanced search, you can set the category "Expansion for base-game", then make sure the check box for "Search games owned" is also checked. I think that will get you what you want?

As to your second question, see here: BoardGameGeek XML API
But check the end of that thread for the newer version of the API
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vladimir Atehortua
Colombia
Cali
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Unfortunately, checking "Expansion for base-game" + "Search games owned" in advaced search will only return me a list of expansions I own.

What I want is a list of expansions for the base games tyhat I own. Ideally, "expansions I don't own, for base games I do own".

I checked both versions of the API, and the search features seem to be based on regular item search, or searches within "my Collection", nothing like a global search correlated to my collection, nor a SQL-ish search.

I ended up querying by hand, opening the page of game in my collection and checking manually which expansions it listed
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randolph Bookman
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes. what he said. Make it so.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Douglas Naaden
United States
Denison
TX
flag msg tools
badge
Ignis aurum probat, miseria fortes viros
mbmbmbmbmb
Bump! This would be an awesome feature if it's at all feasible!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Olka K.
Poland
Warszawa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh yes, we need it badly!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.