Alec Clair
France
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
In 12.2.7 advanced scenario 3, SW Carentan , France

The scenario instructions of the french edition says:
Germans setup first with Fj.abt 3 in or within 1 hex of Ville sur le fleuve
Later, American 507 PIR, setup in or within 1 hex of Ville sur le fleuve and or Celles!

Does both side could really setup in Ville sur le fleuve.
It could be possible, if supposed to represent the previous fight in the city, but I would appreciate a confirmation.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dean Petters
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Not sure anyone ever answered this for you, but the English version says the US set up within 1 hex of Ste Jeanne and/or within 1 hex of Celles.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alec Clair
France
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you very much. It makes more sense like that. Now I can play this scenario.

The french translation of the rules proper is ok, but I've found some unpleasant error in the scenarios.

For example in the next scenario, Remagen bridge, the North arrow is pointing upward, which result in the american attacking the bridge from the east, which is the exact opposite of all my historical knowledge.

I've found a copy of the english rulebook on the publisher web site, but unfortunately it stop before the scenarios. A complete rulebook would help a lot.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dean Petters
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The English version has North pointing up also...

Maybe this was the 1946 Remagen battle when the US troops, weary of being in Germany almost a year after the war, fopught their way out of Germany.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.