Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Phil Miller
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
Can an entire platoon attempt to seek cover? Under 4.2 Movement actions: seek cover it says the Recipient can be "any good order unit (or LAT in certain cases) not under a Cover Marker and the card has not exceeded its Cover Potential."

So I would say not, however in another thread ( http://www.boardgamegeek.com/article/5906656#5906656 ) somebody mentioned spending 2 actions for a Platoon Seek Cover so I thought I would ask.

Thanks,

-Phil

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andreas Krüger
Germany
Krefeld
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There is no platoon seek cover command.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ricky Gray
United States
Powder Springs
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Andreas is correct. There is no Platoon Seek Cover command.

Ricky

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil Miller
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
That makes sense. Thank you both...

-Phil

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Hobbs
United States
Dublin
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Note that if a platoon is ordered to move (or infiltrate) to another card, the platoon can take advantage of existing cover. But there is no "Platoon Seek Cover" (analogous to 4.2.2.e) or "Platoon Move To/From Cover" (analogous to 4.2.2.f).

I am curious as to why there are not Platoon versions of these commands, when there are Platoon versions of Move and Infiltrate, both of which allow the units to take advantage of existing cover markers on the new card.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ahilleas stanidis
Greece
Thessaloniki
greece
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
or with a pyro signal maybe if the entire platoon see the smoke...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Kluck
United States
Hudson
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
-And if the entire platoon seeks cover because of a pyrotechnic order will the ones that find it choose the same cover their fellows discovered?

-Can HQ's in cover command units out of cover and on the same card, or units in different cover on the same card?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andreas Krüger
Germany
Krefeld
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sitnam wrote:
-And if the entire platoon seeks cover because of a pyrotechnic order will the ones that find it choose the same cover their fellows discovered?

-Can HQ's in cover command units out of cover and on the same card, or units in different cover on the same card?

- No. Seek cover and move to cover are different commands. Everybody will get running around and look for cover. Resolve in random order until all cover is found. This is why I worded my seek cover pyro "All lone quads without leader, seek cover." It just does not make much sense to have a platoon seek cover.

- No, they cannot. Except for cease fire/ shift fire, which is always performed by all units on a card regardless of command structure and communication. I am not sure about platoon moves, but I think they apply only to units in communication with the leader, i. e. under the same cover.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Kluck
United States
Hudson
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the clarification.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.