Popular Tags: [View All]
Saul N
United States
Brooklyn
NY
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi,
I've played this game a number of times and love it. However after playing with a buddy last night I still need clarification on a few rules:

1. One of my Hunter's was battling Dracula at night. He bit me successfully and then as per the rules "escapes as bat." In which he (Dracula) must 'replace the location you are currently in with the facedown location of the city you are moving to'. So what happens to the current location? Does it go back into Dracula's deck of locations as if it has fallen off his trail? So that next turn theoretically Dracula is able to come back to it? Seems like it would be the case and that's how we played it...

2. I've searched the threads for this one but still can't find a clear concise answer. One of my Hunter's moved onto a location where Dracula was. There was also an encounter token on the location. So... what happens? I assume that first my Hunter must deal with the encounter token. Afterwards though, what? Is my Hunter's turn over? Does it go straight into combat with Dracula? Usually when there's an encounter token the Hunter's turn is over as soon as it's dealt with...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
dave
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
1. Yes, with Escape as Bats (or Fangs), you replace the card (so trail doesn't advance) and dracula goes to a new location up to 2 cites away (with some restrictions). Thus this new city goes on the trail with the city in which the fight happened goes back in D's hand. So yes, D could immediately move back there and fight the now bitten hunter again! Great move!

2. So right, first the hunter has to deal with the encounter. If it's dealt with successfully, the hunter would then proceed to have combat with Dracula. See page 2 of the rules below (an unusual place for such an important rule I think). However, if the encounter ends the hunter's turn (eg, fog, bats, unsuccessful minion combat, etc), then there would be no combat with Dracula.

From page 2 of the rules:
The Hunters then take their turns in a set
order. On a Hunter’s turn, he may first move
to a new location. If that location contains an
encounter, the Hunter must face it and deal
with its effects. If Dracula is in the location,
the Hunter must battle the Count. If the location
is empty, however, the Hunter may rest
or resupply to recover Health or to gain valuable
Item or Event cards. Play then passes to
the next Hunter.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Saul N
United States
Brooklyn
NY
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks so much!!! Looks like we were playing correctly.
I really do love this game, but it still shocks/irritates me that there are key problems and issues with the way the rules are written and laid out. Won't stop me from playing again or recommending this to someone else. Just venting.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.