Subject: Thoughts about uncontrolled buildings rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Philipp Bäcker
Germany
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
I assume uncontrolled buildings should reflect abandoned buildings, which caused some thoughts about it:
- I am mostly not willing to do much to save a building of me, because no effects (like vocations) of that building are lost. For example it would be more thematic for me, if you lose your extra favor space with your warehouse (or go to another player after a change of control). This would require a record of which building is where built, but this wouldn´t be that problem. With this record it would also be possible to give buildings long-term effects, instead of instant effects, which I would appreciate, although it would make the game a little bit more fiddly because these effects have to be remembered.
- Abandoned buildings should give a negative prestige bonus to adjacent buildings, when they become abandoned and shouldn´t contribute a neighborhood bonus for other buildings.
- Abandoned buildings shouldn´t disappear that often, but should be easier overbuilt by other buildings.

Please remember, that these thoughts are only from the thematic perspective.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Buetow
United States
McHenry
Illinois
flag msg tools
Combat Commander Archivist
badge
Move! Advance! Fire! Rout! Recover! Artillery Denied! Artillery Request! Command Confusion...say what?!
mbmbmbmbmb
They are uncontrolled, not necessarily abandoned. It's not that there's nothing in the building, or that it closed; it's that you don't have a stake in it any more.

There is a bad consequence of losing control of a building: you lose a cube in two intersecting rows. Often one cube is the difference between a first or tied payout, etc.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philipp Bäcker
Germany
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
Yes, but with Urban Decay/Estate Auction you will lose on the least valuable rows, which doesn't hurt that much.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Buetow
United States
McHenry
Illinois
flag msg tools
Combat Commander Archivist
badge
Move! Advance! Fire! Rout! Recover! Artillery Denied! Artillery Request! Command Confusion...say what?!
mbmbmbmbmb
phimbs wrote:
Yes, but with Urban Decay/Estate Auction you will lose on the least valuable rows, which doesn't hurt that much.

I never assume that the least valuable row will stay the least valuable row.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.