Dungeon Run» Forums » Rules

Subject: Ability: Benevolent Presence rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Taevin Calseti
United States
flag msg tools
mb
An actual situation from last night's gaming... All on one normal tile during the endgame:

Addolgar Vayne, with the "Benevolent Presence" ability ("Heroes that share your tile must assist you if you request it")
Emma Goodluck
Birddin
The Fourth Vessel ("Vessel")
... and an ever-changing set of monsters that the summoner kept dropping there to distract them

(The summoner and my character were fighting elsewhere, so the first player was not involved, if that matters)

Vayne was in the mood to kill someone, and decided to attack Emma. He of course wanted as much help as possible, but no one actually WANTED to help him.

Both sides want assistance from Birddin and Vessel. Birddin wants to help Emma, not Vayne, and Vessel doesn't want to help anybody. Now, Vayne can force them both to help him, but a hero cannot assist two people at the same time, and cannot assist if they're sabotaging someone.

1) Can Birddin and Vessel immediately choose to sabotage someone or assist Emma, before Vayne has a chance to request their assistance, in order to avoid helping Vayne?

2) If so, what happens first, and who asks for assistance in what order? The attacking or defending hero? (If his ability overrides their choices, this is irrelevant)

3) if Vessel, for example, is forced to assist Vayne, can he choose to assist with only one die (1 brawn) instead of 3 dice (5+1 magic), or can Vayne force him to give the maximum dice?

4) Why were they all wasting time beating on each other while the summoner casually strolled toward the exit with only my undergeared Dorgan in the way? Ok, rhetorical question, but I did end up winning... They finally came to help, and when the stone dropped with five of us together, I grabbed it and ran arrrh

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mr. Bistro
United States
Richmond
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
1) No.
3) Yes, a hero can lend their worst rating to the fight.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Taevin Calseti
United States
flag msg tools
mb
Great, thanks for the quick reply

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.