Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Peter
Canada
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi,

I'm in the process of obtaining SoS3rd edition and while I wait for the game I would like to read up on the rules. I red through the Consimworld forum and as recommended by Art I would like to start from understanding the Sequence of Play and read the rules. I know that the rules 2.1v have section for sequence of play but it's very short. The rules don't have a section dedicated what happens in each phase. So I was wondering if someone has a PDF of the sequence of play or word document that describes everything that happens in each phase.

Thank You for your help!

Peter

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter
Canada
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Since I got the game now I'm making an MS Word version of the SOP chart as I want to preserve the original. One thing I'm kind of surprised about is how loooooong the SOP really is. I wonder how many phases (and what they actually were called) did the original 1st edition of the game published in 1980 actually had.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter
Canada
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi All,

I have created my own Sequence of Play in Word document, reason being that the game version is not actually fully printed. You have to think "same as phase 7, minutes these steps" etc...I don't like stuff like that. I like to have Sequence of Play clearly laid out. So I made my own version to fully list each items per phase. Though I would like someone experienced with the game to proof read it for me to make sure I didn't make any mistakes, anyone interested please PM and I will email you sequence of play.

Thanks!

Peter
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kev.
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
Read & Watch at www.bigboardgaming.com
JG53_Jaguar wrote:
Hi All,

I have created my own Sequence of Play in Word document, reason being that the game version is not actually fully printed. You have to think "same as phase 7, minutes these steps" etc...I don't like stuff like that. I like to have Sequence of Play clearly laid out. So I made my own version to fully list each items per phase. Though I would like someone experienced with the game to proof read it for me to make sure I didn't make any mistakes, anyone interested please PM and I will email you sequence of play.

Thanks!

Peter

Did you ever get any help?
I just acquired my own copy, now after looking at all the pretty bits, its meat and potatoes time.... 17 pages of Errata really?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter
Canada
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Kev,

You don't need to worry about 17 pages of errata as that is for the original version of rules. I don't use them, I use 2.1 version which was few years after SoS was published. You can find the rules and charts here:

http://home.roadrunner.com/~streetsvanetten/SoSErrata.html

If you like I can share with you my Sequence of Play chart word document version. Perhaps you can double check it for me to make sure I didn't miss anything...just PM me.

Peter
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kev.
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
Read & Watch at www.bigboardgaming.com
JG53_Jaguar wrote:
Hi Kev,

You don't need to worry about 17 pages of errata as that is for the original version of rules. I don't use them, I use 2.1 version which was few years after SoS was published. You can find the rules and charts here:

http://home.roadrunner.com/~streetsvanetten/SoSErrata.html

If you like I can share with you my Sequence of Play chart word document version. Perhaps you can double check it for me to make sure I didn't miss anything...just PM me.

Peter

OMG.. yes.
PM inbound
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Gladstone
msg tools
I have produced a fairly detailed sequence of play chart which I can forward to anyone interested. Producing it certainly helped to weed out some rules anomalies. I also drew up a more detailed index; I just felt such a good looking product deserved better than what was in the box...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan Clark
United Kingdom
Fareham
Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Nick, I have sent you a private message.

Alan

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barry Hammons
United States
Fairfield
Connecticut
flag msg tools
Please send me your sequence of play.
Thanks for your work.
Barry Hammons

bhammons@hammonsllc.com

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Turpin
United Kingdom
Bar Hill
Cambs
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Is this SOP chart in the files section?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.