Popular Tags: [View All]
The neutral evil villain known as
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
Ow quit it.
mbmbmbmbmb
Just watched Species on TV. Whatever happened with the rat that ate her tentacle at the end of the movie? One had red eyes and a tongue that shot out and ate another rat.
I saw number 2 and 3 but not 4.
did they ever follow that storyline? seems better than what they came up since.

An army of those things would be awesome.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Riddle
United States
Oxford
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
there was a 2,3 and 4? I legit liked the first amd that chick was kiss
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
SAKURA in KYOTO 2018 Back to Kansai
England
York
North Yorkshire
flag msg tools
admin
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The rat was not pursued, but Species 2 is an OK follow-up (not a sequel really). I haven't seen 3 or 4. Species 2 has some crappy sets and acting and plot, but repeats the characters and has some interest.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
Ow quit it.
mbmbmbmbmb
Just watched two. Apparently natasha henstridge was in 3 of the 4 and according to the IMDB they are a trilogy. It takes place two years after the first one. They clone her and make her more docile. Three is on tonight at 2 am. I am taping it. It supposedly takes place 2 hours after the second one.

Species is a 1995 science fiction horror film directed by Roger Donaldson, and starring Ben Kingsley, Michael Madsen, Alfred Molina, Forest Whitaker, Marg Helgenberger, and Natasha Henstridge. The film is about a group of scientists who try to track down and trap a killer alien seductress before she successfully mates with a human male.

The film produced one theatrical sequel in 1998, Species II, which had Henstridge, Madsen, and Helgenberger reprise their roles. It was followed by the direct-to-video Species III in 2004 and Species: The Awakening in 2007, which stands as a separate film, not as an official follow-up to the previous three.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pieter
Netherlands
Maastricht
flag msg tools
Good intentions are no substitute for a good education.
badge
I take my fun very seriously.
mbmbmbmbmb
I thought Species was a terribly predictable, cliched, and ultimately boring movie that had only Henstridge's physique going for it. Why anyone would think it would be a good idea to make a sequel is beyond me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
Ow quit it.
mbmbmbmbmb
And they made 3 sequels!!!!!
I agree with you. Not as impressed with it as I was with other movies I've seen. Recently I saw wishmaster and was pleasantly surprised. Nowhere near as bad as I thought it was going to be. But then I saw the second one...wow. so. so. so bad. But 3 wasn't too bad, they got the guy from the first movie back.
I see a lot of these on http://www.fearnet.com/movies/index.html while I work. They show three free movies a week. I have seen the candyman ones, jeepers creepers, and lots of others free!

You have to watch whatever they put up, but hey, if you like horror background noise while you work, then awesome! I've seen a lot of movies I would not have rented. Some good, some AWFUL.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Adams
United States
Brigham City
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've never seen it, but I remember when they were filming some of it just up the street from my house at the time. There aren't a whole lot of movies shot here in town so it was news. Just thought I'd throw that out there.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
Ow quit it.
mbmbmbmbmb
MyTwoCents wrote:

I bet Forrest Whitaker is proud he was in that!

Seriously, he;s the guy who put in the single greatest Oscar winning acting performance EVER (Last king of Scotland), but he'll always have Species in his filmography!

He gets to join the lawrence fishburn club: YEEEHAW PEE WEE!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
D. Watson
United States
Buffalo
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It did win the MTV best kiss award for that year, because
Spoiler (click to reveal)
she rams her tounge through a guy's head.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.