United States
Ontario
Oregon
flag msg tools
bah bah bah bah....woof
badge
My...what big teeth you have
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm missing something that should be obvious, and as I'm jumping around the rules I think I'm looking too hard for it. So please, someone just tell me where to look and what the significance of a level is in a city. In other words, why is it more difficult to attack a level 8 city over a level 5? Many thanks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Guido Gloor
Switzerland
Ostermundigen
Bern
flag msg tools
The statement below is false.
badge
The statement above is correct.
mbmbmbmbmb
You use the click bases of the cities for determining how many enemies of what type there are. So a higher-level city will have more and stronger enemies.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joachim Pehl
Germany
Daubach
Rheinland-Pfalz
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
More and bigger baddies devil

As you can see white city has 3 white and 1 grey enemy on level 8 while white city 5 has only 2 white and 1 grey.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
TTorres
United States
Roseville
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
nyjil wrote:
I'm missing something that should be obvious, and as I'm jumping around the rules I think I'm looking too hard for it. So please, someone just tell me where to look and what the significance of a level is in a city. In other words, why is it more difficult to attack a level 8 city over a level 5? Many thanks.

I was literally in the same situation not two hours ago. You'll find your answer in the main Rulebook page 6, Movement 5g.

Each colored dot represents one Enemy token of the same color.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Young
Canada
Victoria
BC
flag msg tools
Old Ways Are Best!
badge
Check Six!
mbmbmbmbmb
The scenarios tell you what level the city is to be set at - the icons in the window of the Whiz-wheel for that level tell you what type of enemies you're going to be up against, which determines roughly how tough the city is going to be to conquer.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christine Biancheria
United States
Pittsburgh
PA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
And don't forget it's 2 movement to enter a city.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Nutt
United States
Ontario
Oregon
flag msg tools
bah bah bah bah....woof
badge
My...what big teeth you have
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you all. Perfect. I love the help this site gives. Again, thanks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.