Popular Tags: [View All]
Scott DeMers
United States
Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi all. Touko gave his permission for me to share the PBeM game link with you all. I am using this PBeM game as a test for the system I put together to run online games. It requires a GM (me, in this case), but we are having a blast with it. None of the players in the test game have more than 2 games under their belt so there is still a lot of wide-eyed wonderment about how well this game runs.

Once I have proven the system works, I want to play in some other GM's game.

Anyway, the link to the PBeM game is http://providethecaption.com/Eclipse/.

(Feel free to go to the main providethecaption site too and enjoy a good laugh)

Enjoy!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Camelorn
Germany
Koblenz
Rheinland-Pfalz
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Looks nice, how is it played?
Emailing orders to you and you then manipulate the image?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott DeMers
United States
Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Camelorn wrote:
Looks nice, how is it played?
Emailing orders to you and you then manipulate the image?

Yes sir. I manage two main files - one is a spreadsheet with macros to pick reputation tiles, pick technologies, sort hexes, keep track of where items are, etc. It also keeps me from a) messing up the game by typing in the wrong cell and b) keeps me from having to leave an actual game set up.

The other file is a multi-layered graphic of a game table. I use Paint Shop Pro, but any image program that allows for manipulation and layered images should work fine. I decided to have one giant image of the game table so as to approximate the FtF experience as closely as possible. I am pretty happy with how it turned out and like it better than if I had separate pages for player sheets, technology, etc.

Anyway, any constructive criticism/feedback?

Scott
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Camelorn
Germany
Koblenz
Rheinland-Pfalz
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Do you play by email or online?
With lots of small actions by each playe Eclipse might not be best suited for pbem; would like to know more of how it is going for you.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pol Michiels
Belgium
Ottenburg
Vlaams brabant
flag msg tools
badge
Of all people who have nothing to say, those who say nothing are the wisest.
mbmbmbmbmb
Love the virtual beer and crisps there.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott DeMers
United States
Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Camelorn wrote:
Do you play by email or online?
With lots of small actions by each playe Eclipse might not be best suited for pbem; would like to know more of how it is going for you.

One commits to a leisurely pace when playing by email. I ask players to give me as much information as possible.

Note that there is now a Vassal module so this is another route to go as well: http://boardgamegeek.com/thread/751554/online-and-pbem-play-...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott DeMers
United States
Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi all. In the next month (due to work travel), I will be packaging up the files - both spreadsheets and images - for distribution so anyone can run an online game of Eclipse. That way folks who want to play Eclipse without Vassal can do so. Of course, it requires a GM.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.