Subject: Control Counters rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
♫ ♫
Italy
ravenna
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I am thinking to use some wooden cubes (blue and red) to indicate the control of countries.
How many of such cubes should I have for each Power (in other words which is the average maximum number of controlled countries during the game) ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Conan Meriadoc
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
matmo wrote:
I am thinking to use some wooden cubes (blue and red) to indicate the control of countries.
How many of such cubes should I have for each Power (in other words which is the average maximum number of controlled countries during the game) ?

From the second edition onwards, the counters are double-sided, with a face brightly colored (to indicate control of a country) and the other white. I have the deluxe version, and distinguishing controlled countries has never been a problem. I suppose you're an owner of the first edition... maybe they're still selling upgrade kits, you could consider that instead.

Anyway, I think 25-30 countries controlled by each superpower is average in the late war, so I'd say 35 cubes of each would be a safe bet for most cases. I'm far from an expert player, however
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Smith
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Add them up from the Map?

In practice I would guess 80% of that at most.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven
United States
Spokane
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
"The mystery of life isn't a problem to solve, but a reality to experience"
mbmbmbmbmb
Why cubes? No offense, but some countries in Europe might have 6+ cubes from both sides if someone really makes a push for Europe. It could get really cluttered, fast.

I suppose you could use different sized cubes for different denominations. Probably having different sizes for 4 and 6 might work, especially if you can stack them? But if you are using different cubes, why not just use the counters! whistle

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
♫ ♫
Italy
ravenna
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I meant putting a SINGLE cube besides controlled countries (I am talking about 1st edition game)

SW_Cygnus wrote:
Why cubes? No offense, but some countries in Europe might have 6+ cubes from both sides if someone really makes a push for Europe. It could get really cluttered, fast.

I suppose you could use different sized cubes for different denominations. Probably having different sizes for 4 and 6 might work, especially if you can stack them? But if you are using different cubes, why not just use the counters! whistle

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.