BoardGameGeek» Forums » Introduction » New User Questions

Subject: Question about "moved to press release" rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
TH Gillespie
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
What does "moved to press release" mean?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
United States
Lexington
Kentucky
flag msg tools
admin
mbmbmbmbmb
It means I moved your thread from the General Gaming forum to the Press Releases forum, which I also stated in the Geekmail I sent.

Game announcements By publishers should be posted in the Press Releases forum, not General gaming.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
TH Gillespie
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Liam
Scotland
flag msg tools
admin
badge
I am BGG's official honey trap
mbmbmbmbmb
Check out the rules:
http://boardgamegeek.com/community_rules

Quote:
Advertising and other Self-Promotion

Promoting goods or services in which you have a personal stake is generally not permitted, with the following exceptions:
A new product or service relevant to the topic of this site may be announced in a single post in the Press Releases forum.
Active advertisers are given more leeway to promote goods and services they provide.
Forum moderators have the final say in determining whether a given post falls under one of these exceptions or if it is inappropriate.

Basically BGG uses advertising as a way to fund the site. While they are kind enough to let users post one free promotional thread, they don't want a situation where people get free advertisement while others have to pay. In the long run such a situation would be detrimental to the wonder that is BGG.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Liam
Scotland
flag msg tools
admin
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh it occurs to me, if you have/want a glossy advert and want to officially advertise on the site, get in touch with:

Chaddyboy
United States
Olathe
Kansas
flag msg tools
admin
designer
Bloooooop.
badge
Bluuuuuurp.
mbmbmbmbmb

BGG has killer adverting statistics, can be very targeted, eg your advert only pops up at people looking at baseball games and who are in the US, and surprisingly affordable.

You help the site and sell your product to demanding customers - it's win-win.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
TH Gillespie
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
Yes...we are very interested in advertising on BGG. On the other hand, once we had "announced" our game, several questions began flowing in, so we went ahead and answered. Is it OK to engage such questions ourselves, or do we need to stay out of the discussion? Indeed, we just received a glowing review of our game from a customer today...can we add this post to our current thread?

Tim
ULTIMATE BASEBALL THE GAME
GILLESPIE GAMES LLC

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Liam
Scotland
flag msg tools
admin
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Check with the admin if you are unsure of anything:

Matthew M
United States
New Haven
Connecticut
flag msg tools
admin
8/8 FREE, PROTECTED
badge
513ers Assemble!
mbmbmbmbmb

Chances are they will tell you if there is a problem.

Does your game have a BGG page yet? If it is in production this is a great way of keeping people informed:
http://boardgamegeek.com/item/create/boardgame

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
TH Gillespie
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
Thanks...are you an Administrator? Can we ask you these questions (as the one I asked above in this thread), or do we need to contact someone else? Yes, I've tried to submit our game for acceptance into your database, so we'll see how that goes. Oh...I see you included another contact in your response. I'll try making contact there. Thanks again.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Liam
Scotland
flag msg tools
admin
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
No I'm just a loud mouth. Try Octavian above.

Press on the mail icon to contact him.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.