Aaron Bedard
United States
Somerville
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm on the 1798 Egyptian Adventure

And have placed enemy Garrisons and Fortifications not only in Acre and Cairo (where there are forces) but also in Jaffa, Gaza and El Arish where there are unclaimed cities.. So during the enemy resupply phase am I rolling for all 5 of those cities or only for the 2 that have actual forces in there?
I apologize if the answer is right in front of my face somewhere.

Absolutely fantastic game, by the way. I am only just cracking the surface and can't see myself wanting to play anything else for awhile.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Büttner-Zimmermann
Germany
München
Bavaria
flag msg tools
badge
Wiggle It!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
Since you have place in the setup in each non-french occupied city an enemy garrison and an enemy fortification, those cities are no longer neutral/unclaimed, but occupied by the enemy ("If they are not with us, they are against us." is somewhere mentioned in the rules, if I remember correctly...)

So you roll for those cities, too.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Büttner-Zimmermann
Germany
München
Bavaria
flag msg tools
badge
Wiggle It!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
Since I played the scenario yesterday: You don't roll supply or orders for Acre.
Only when the french reach the adjacent regions, Acre receives supply. But Forces never leave Acre.

I find this scenario particular hard: Since you can only receive reinforcements in the first three turns, refitting costs double and moving causes hits, you have to advance carefully.

In my first game of this scenario I took heavy casualities in my first battle (direct attack with all of my forces against Cairo). I lost five of my eight units. Needless to say, that I was without hope to win this scenario... In December 1799 Napoleon sat alone in his last Garrison in Alexandria and awaited his doom...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.