United States
San Francisco
California
flag msg tools
Member of the San Francisco Game Group since 2005
badge
This is a customized Bane Tower from the game Man o' War
mbmb
I'm about to start my first game of Civ with this expansion, but we're only two players this time. For those folks with a few games under their belts, what two civs would play well against each other? It would be a bummer to sit down to a long game and have one player start out with a big advantage...

I'm guessing having one player start with a military civ might not be ideal? Aren't some civs' abilities dependent on the number of players?

Any thoughts folks might have on two civs that would make for a fun 2p game would be appreciated.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Iron James Rackham
msg tools
mbmbmb
I'd go with Spain and India. Greece's ability doesn't seem much fun (and very strong) in 2p and many people think the Arabs are overpowered.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ricardo Donoso
Brazil
RIBEIRÃO PRETO
Sao Paulo
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
All the others also are balanced for 2 player games.

I wouldn't choose Arabs nor Greeks, the others are fine.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam Butler
United States
Fort Walton Beach
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I actually believe in 2P the Russians (from the base game) are the most OP that I've played; didn't find the Greeks OP playing against them as the Egyptians, but the Greeks certainly are stronger with 2P that is for sure, so you may want to steer clear of them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua Chen
United States
New Brunswick
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mb
Arabia v. Spain
Arabia v. Greece
Spain v. Greece

Don't use those three civs except in these lineups.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.