Subject: Well done, Giants. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
So it goes
United States
Milwaukee
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
If you can't walk, crawl. If you can't crawl..... well, you know the rest.
badge
Any game is the right game with the right crowd.
mbmbmbmbmb
A painful loss for the Packer faithful to watch. The Giants came into Lambeau with a purpose and the Pack looked like they just expected to move on to the championship round. The Packers D was awful (no surprise) and the offense was anemic. Rodgers was off and the receivers couldn't catch herpes in a Haitian brothel.

Good luck to the Giants next week, the 9ers look tough.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Larry Levy
United States
Manassas
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Best hobby, with the best people in the world. Gaming is the best!
mbmbmbmbmb
The thing that really surprised me is the way the Giants won. Sure, Green Bay was out of synch the whole game, but obviously New York's defense helped with that. But it wasn't the front four that was dominating, which figured to be the only possible path to a Giants' victory. Instead, it was the team's much maligned secondary that seemed to be the prime factor. For most of the game, Rodgers didn't really have much pressure on him. But he struggled to find open receivers and he really struggled to find guys downfield. That just didn't seem possible to me. The difference between the Giants team during these last four games and the one that managed a 7-7 record during the first fourteen is just remarkable.

So bring on San Francisco! Another team that beat N.Y. during the season--maybe another instance of the Giants learning from their mistakes? We'll see, but I'm sure enjoying the ride so far!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Andersen
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Not to take anything away from the Giants - congratulations - but 4 turnovers and 8 dropped passes is not the Packers game.

Wow, what a huge surprise. I figured the Giants might score 37, but I figured the Pack would score 52.

Crap
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Hopcroft
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This is really going to throw a wrench into everyone's playoff pools. Everyone seemed to think the Packers were a shoo-in to at least get into the Super Bowel, if not win it.

The problem was that apparently so did the Packers, and thus they got ambushed.

They ext get the least respected 13-3 team I've seen in some time in San Francisco. They won a playoff game, but are they as good as their record? Did the horrid NFC West inflate their record? Do they too have an ambush in store.

These are the things that make it so hard to get rid of Tom Coughlin. He usually has mediocre regular seasons that make everyone think he's going to be fired, but then he goes on these magical playoff runs and saves his job.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Orangemoose wrote:
Not to take anything away from the Giants - congratulations - but 4 turnovers and 8 dropped passes is not the Packers game.

Wow, what a huge surprise. I figured the Giants might score 37, but I figured the Pack would score 52.

Crap

I congratulate the Giants as well, but I don't know if the guy above you watched a different game than I did but I did not see the Giants defense do anything to stop the Packers. What I saw was receivers dropping balls, Rodgers missing multiple wide open throws, players fumbling the ball when there was no earthly reason to do so.

On top of that for the first time in the history of me watching over 30 years of NFL football, I had to watch my team give up the only Hail Mary I have ever personally seen work. Unexcusable, all set by our fricken coach calling a timeout to help the team out of timeouts get there. WTF?

Anyway, congrats again Giants for playing fundamentally sound football yesterday.

Please go beat the flocking Patriots in the Super Bowl again!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Key Locks
United States
McCordsville
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mb
Michael Hopcroft wrote:
Super Bowel

This may be a typo, but it's not incorrect.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Professor of Pain
United States
St. Joseph
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Honestly, I think this is less "well done, Giants", and more "WTF Packers?!". The Giants played very well, but the Packers just did not show up. The offense played sloppy, which did much more for their loss than the Giants' solid play. Packer's D actually did okay (by Packers '11 standards) for much of the first half, but the offense was not playing to its ability.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.