3 Posts

Apocalypse: The Game of Nuclear Devastation» Forums » General

Subject: Apocalype rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Bucket Sunshine
Scotland
flag msg tools
Anyone still playing? We are 4 trigger-happy Apocalypsers here in Glasgow!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mike hayes
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
designer
Have you heard the news that Mike Hayes Classic Warlord is being re-launched this autumn? Great game which is even better with some rule changes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Little Skink
United Kingdom
Yorkshire
flag msg tools
mbmb
pulled my original copy of Apocalypse out of the attic today and introduced my 7yo to it, forgotten how much fun it is - though she isn't finding it as interesting as I am . . .

one variant we used to play some times was using a D8, D10 or even D12 for combat, it changes the dynamic quite a bit - you can do proper blitzkrieg style but also have your massive stacks nuked if you are careless

Had a look at the new Warlord in my local Sheffield shop (Mike actually lives up the road from me), looks nice. I am recently back to gaming after a few years off so plenty of new games I want to try, but if there were a couple of local players into Apocalypse then Warlord would be on my next Christmas list

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.