Dungeons & Dragons: The Legend of Drizzt Board Game» Forums » General

Subject: How to keep sleeved cards? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ferdinand Chan
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just got this game and am really amazed by the components and the insert, which I think is very well designed.

But due to my OCD nature, I sleeve every game in my collection and this one is no exception.

However, the original space for keeping the card no longer fit the sleeved cards ( I use Mayday premium sleeves ) , the card barely fit into the slot and can't feed the whole deck.

Have someone sleeve their cards for this game? If so, how do you keep your card in the box?

Also, would someone suggest whether the cards need to be sleeved ? I haven't start playing this game yet but after reading the rules, seems that player won't hold the cards in their hands and seems the card is not going to wear out easily. If so, I might suppress my OCD nature and not going to sleeve these cards so that they will fit in the insert.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alvin C
Australia
Adelaide
South Australia
flag msg tools
badge
The same as the other games, I just baggied them and put them in the big well with the Balor and the ogres, putting some of the other minis in the card wells.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Reed
United States
College Station
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I pulled the plastic tray and put the cards in card boxes. By doing this, I was able to combine all three of the D&D co-op boardgames into two boxes.

My OCD is such that the cards are in color-coded sleeves (different color for different classes, separate colors for monsters, encounters, treasures, etc.), so I do understand...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brent Lloyd
United States
League City
Texas
flag msg tools
Canadian Game Design Award: http://www.fallcon.com/design
badge
Canadian Game Design Award: http://www.fallcon.com/design
mbmbmbmbmb
I tossed the plastic tray and built a couple of new boxes out of Foamcore. THey work great, easily made in the time span of watching one hockey game.

Peace

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Collins
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thunder wrote:
I tossed the plastic tray and built a couple of new boxes out of Foamcore. THey work great, easily made in the time span of watching one hockey game.

Peace

But who only watches one hockey game?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Haughey
United States
Riverside
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I ended up sleeving my cards because I noticed there were some inconsistencies in the card sizes which made shuffling a pain. I was hoping that by the time Drizzt came out they would have allowed for card sleeves in their insert, but for now I just baggy the cards and fit them in the big well and with the cavern tiles.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Haver
United States
Upper Arlington
Ohio
flag msg tools
www.theCOGS.org
badge
www.theCOGS.org
mbmbmbmbmb
Removed the tray. I use two Plano 3650 boxes for each game.

All cards are sleeved using KMC sleeves and stored in a 300-count box (same as magic cards, baseball cards, etc).

KMC Sleeves
Matte Red -- Monsters
Matte Black -- Encounters
Super Gold -- Treasures
Pearl White -- Heroes
Clear -- Sequence of Play
Super Purple -- Ally

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ferdinand Chan
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
deacondavid wrote:
I pulled the plastic tray and put the cards in card boxes. By doing this, I was able to combine all three of the D&D co-op boardgames into two boxes.

My OCD is such that the cards are in color-coded sleeves (different color for different classes, separate colors for monsters, encounters, treasures, etc.), so I do understand...

Color coding the cards is a good idea so that we can easily sort out treasure, encounter and monster deck

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ferdinand Chan
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thunder wrote:

Peace

Sounds like I've to go for this route as well.

But how can you make sure the component's won't fall apart when you "stand" the box in your gaming shelf?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rauli Kettunen
Finland
Oulu
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Under the insert for me, beneath the original cups that had the cards in the first place. Insert and thus lid don't go all the way down like in CR, more cards in LoD I take it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
José San Miguel
Spain
Valencia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
See my solution:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jimmy CHAN
Hong Kong
Tseung Kwan O
New Territories, HK-SAR
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
See my solution:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ferdinand Chan
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Seems customize my own box is the way to go devil

Will definitely spend sometime and work out a solution, thanks for all the helps!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Evans
United States
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
Board Game Replay
badge
Check out our series at youtube.com/boardgamereplay
mbmbmbmbmb
If you feel like going really overboard...you can do this when you pick up the rest of the games

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/743746/ultimate-storage-...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.