For The Win» Forums » Rules

Subject: Winning Chain Definition rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Matt LeVan
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
I asked the following question on the kickstarter page and thought it was worth reposting it (and the answer) here.

The rules say that "Players may have more than one of the same characters in the chain", but is it a requirement that the extra characters also be active? So if I have a have chain of Z-M-A-(A)-P-N but the second alien is inactive, does that count as a win?

The answer was that this scenario was not valid, all tiles in the chain, including duplicates, must be active.

Thanks to Michael for the quick response!

matt
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
SQ
United States
Show Low
Arizona
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Titan Dice in Kickstarter - September 19th!
mbmbmbmbmb
mattlevan wrote:
I asked the following question on the kickstarter page and thought it was worth reposting it (and the answer) here.

The rules say that "Players may have more than one of the same characters in the chain", but is it a requirement that the extra characters also be active? So if I have a have chain of Z-M-A-(A)-P-N but the second alien is inactive, does that count as a win?

The answer was that this scenario was not valid, all tiles in the chain, including duplicates, must be active.

Thanks to Michael for the quick response!

matt

Good question, thanks for asking! To expand on that: the inactive tiles can be touching the other tiles, but the chain can't depend on them for the connection. If both Aliens were active (face up) the connection would be complete.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Myers
United States
Rochester
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This is a little rules-lawyerish. But, what if I have a have chain of Z-M-A-P-N-(A) and the second alien is inactive, does that count as a win?

My inclination is yes, because the unbroken chain of guys is fFace up. That guy at the end is just hangin out.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
SQ
United States
Show Low
Arizona
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Titan Dice in Kickstarter - September 19th!
mbmbmbmbmb
Skotte wrote:
This is a little rules-lawyerish. But, what if I have a have chain of Z-M-A-P-N-(A) and the second alien is inactive, does that count as a win?

My inclination is yes, because the unbroken chain of guys is fFace up. That guy at the end is just hangin out.

That would still be a win because you have one of each character in the chain and those characters are all active. The inactive tiles don't hinder your win if they are on the outer edges like that. They just don't do anything to connect the chain because they are inactive.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Myers
United States
Rochester
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Awesome. Thank you fFor the quick reply!! =)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.