Arkham Horror» Forums » Rules

Subject: help! closing gates rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Kristen Zimmerman
United States
Arizona
flag msg tools
playing this awesome game and trying to close a gate, not seal it, but just just close it. i decided to do a lore check of four, with the gate adding +1. so i roll 5 dice. how many successes do i need to close the gate?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd Warnken
United States
Harrison
Ohio
flag msg tools
I'm not crazy. My mother had me tested.
badge
Happy grandfather!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
You just need one success.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derrek Kyzar
United States
Ponchatoula
LA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just one by default.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kristen Zimmerman
United States
Arizona
flag msg tools
that's what i thought.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Tucker
United States
Warren
Michigan
flag msg tools
A game is a series of decisions; a good game is a series of interesting decisions
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
zombie_ wrote:
playing this awesome game and trying to close a gate, not seal it, but just just close it. i decided to do a lore check of four, with the gate adding +1. so i roll 5 dice. how many successes do i need to close the gate?

Only one success unless Yog-Sothoth is the Ancient One:
"The Key and the Gate - While Yog-Sothoth stirs in his slumber, the difficulty to close or seal a gate increases by 1."

Also note that it doesn't matter whether you are trying to close or seal the gate - any time you successfully close a gate, you have the opportunity to immediately spend 5 clue tokens to seal it instead of just close it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.