Arkham Horror» Forums » Rules

Subject: yet another few questions. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Kristen Zimmerman
United States
Arizona
flag msg tools
1. when you return from lost in space and time, do you get your random and fixed possessions back?

2. explain the terror track again. does it only move when the card says so or if there are too many monsters out?

3. flying monsters. wtf?!

that should cover it for now.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Freelance Police
United States
Palo Alto
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
1. Yep. AFAIK, You didn't lose them in the first place.

2. Yep. The terror track becomes more important in the King in Yellow and some other expansions.

3. See the Sky rules in the rulebook. Tricky, but intuitive. The game plays fine if you ignore the Sky rules.

EDIT: If you go insane or are injured, you lose half of your stuff. Then you're Lost in Time and Space. When you return, you do not get back the stuff you lost.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kristen Zimmerman
United States
Arizona
flag msg tools
but if you get knocked out in the other world or go insane you lose half of your items rounded down. so if it means that i lost all my stuff (cause i;m not good about getting items anyways lol) then when i come back from time and space i get my stuff back?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bern Harkins
United States
Buffalo
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
zombie_ wrote:
1. when you return from lost in space and time, do you get your random and fixed possessions back?

You get back everything you had; however if you had to discard items because you went Unconscious or Insane in an Other World, you do not get those back.

Quote:
2. explain the terror track again. does it only move when the card says so or if there are too many monsters out?

Pretty much. The Terror Track will seldom be a big issue in games with just the base set... although once in awhile it will rear up and bite you.

Quote:
3. flying monsters. wtf?!

Yeah, seriously. Part of the problem is that the full rules for flying monsters do not appear in the text of the rulebook; you have to read the diagram on page 11. Hopefully that will make things clear.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kristen Zimmerman
United States
Arizona
flag msg tools
ah....yeah that makes sense. one of these days i will actually make it through the game and understand it!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derrek Kyzar
United States
Ponchatoula
LA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think a common mistake with flying creatures is, people tend to move them to sky on the turn they come out if they can't attack someone in an adjacent street even if their move symbol isn't up.

My understanding is that they hang out in the location they spawn until they are triggered by their symbol, then they either attack, or move to sky correct?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bern Harkins
United States
Buffalo
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
dkyzar wrote:

My understanding is that they hang out in the location they spawn until they are triggered by their symbol, then they either attack, or move to sky correct?

Right as rain.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
I am not following why people think you get stuff back when you return from LiTaS.

Either you lose half because you were reduced to 0 in either Sanity or Stamina - in which case you never get them back (same as if you went to the hospital or asylum).

Or you "casually" end up there due to an encounter or your gate being closed when you try to return. In which case you don't lose any items so there are none to get back.

But I don't know of any case where you lose items "temporarily" and then get them back, LiTaS or otherwise.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Freddie Foulds
United Kingdom
Durham
flag msg tools
designer
Come play games at Newcastle Gamers!
badge
The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown.
mbmbmbmbmb
ColtsFan76 wrote:

But I don't know of any case where you lose items "temporarily" and then get them back, LiTaS or otherwise.

Agreed. I think some of the points might not be expressed well, which leads to the confusion, but you shouldn't lose items "temporarily" while LiTaS - you either get their by going unconcious/insane and lose half your stuff permanently and don't get it back, or you end up there due to some event/trying to return to a closed gate and lose no items.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacob Elfving
Denmark
Randers C
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ColtsFan76 wrote:
I am not following why people think you get stuff back when you return from LiTaS.

I have to agree with ColtsFan76
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leandro Couto
Brazil
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Radulla wrote:
dkyzar wrote:

Right as rain.

About this. The rules don't state anything regarding what to do when a Flying monster is first spawned in a location and there are no investigators on the streets. It's not in the text and it's not in the yellow reference box. Is there a FAQ or something that clears this up?

I'm in doubt because I just downloaded Universal Head's rules summary (which is fantastic, by the way, easy to reference and cleared many doubts I had after my 1st play), and it says about Flying monsters:

Flying: Move to connected street area with
a player in it. Otherwise move to the Sky
(counts towards monster limit) and move to
any street location in Arkham next time.

This makes it sound like the monster moves to the Sky instead of waiting in the location, if it can't home in on a player. I think I like this interpretation better gameplay-wise, but I was wondering what's the "official" approach.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Fliers spawn on the location no matter what. Just like any other monster that comes out of a gate. It won't move unless its symbol comes up. At that point it will abandon its location if no one else is there.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.