Popular Tags: [View All]
Doug Kewley
United States
Mandeville
Louisiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If the British take an undamaged Syracuse (which they should) on turn one, they immediately put one of the Italian morale chits in the Allied bowl. During the Axis administrative phase for turn one, the Allies would normally draw 0 chits. However, they have an occupied undamaged port, which allows them to draw +1 chit. So do the Allies draw the +1 chit during the Axis Administrative Phase of turn one? If so, this would mean that Italian morale will always drop one on the first turn since this would be the only available Allied event/asset in the bowl.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick Young
United States
Durham
North Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
No - there are no asset pulls until turn two.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doug Kewley
United States
Mandeville
Louisiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you for your response. I wasn't sure if the 0 pull for the Allies during the German Administative phase would not become 0+1 due to the capture of the undamaged port. The only thing I saw that appeared to say no was the asterisk on the turn record chart which did not appear on turn 1, only on turns 2 through 9. Fortunately, we followed the asterisk and played it correctly.

The first game ended on turn 4 with an Axis sudden death victory. The Allies could never take the airfield and lost the 82 airborne to a counterattack on Turn 1 by the Hermann Goering Panzer Parachute Division (old AH Anzio reference).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ossi Toivonen
Finland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Rick Young wrote:

Hi

Last night in out first game this also came up. We went over the rules for some time to answer thos question. Finally we decided for both to draw chits in axis admin phase since we couldnt find anything in the rules book to say we shouldnt. Ofcourse there were no axis chits and only the surrender chit for allies.

So now im still uncertain where in the rules book it says there are no chit draws on turn 1?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Bishop
United Kingdom
Lytham St. Annes
Lancashire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ossi_Toivonen wrote:
Rick Young wrote:

Hi

Last night in out first game this also came up. We went over the rules for some time to answer thos question. Finally we decided for both to draw chits in axis admin phase since we couldnt find anything in the rules book to say we shouldnt. Ofcourse there were no axis chits and only the surrender chit for allies.

So now im still uncertain where in the rules book it says there are no chit draws on turn 1?

It doesn't actually say it anywhere in the rules that the +1 doesn't apply on the first turn (it caught me out too), but if you look at the turn track the asterisk to remind you to add one to the allies chit pull only appears on turn 2 and beyond.
I remind myself by placing the fading morale event into the used assets box during turn 1 then it will get added to the draw cup in turn 2.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Schwartz
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
No asset pull in the first turn, but the assets in the Available Box can be used for the first turn, yes?

Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick Young
United States
Durham
North Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Łukasz
Poland
Warsaw
flag msg tools
Non vi sed virtute, not armis sed arte paritur victoria.
badge
e^{i · π} + 1 = 0
mb
dakjck wrote:
If the British take an undamaged Syracuse (which they should) on turn one, they immediately put one of the Italian morale chits in the Allied bowl.

Do they? In the campaign scenario? The rulebook says: Add an available event to the Allied selection cup the instant that each Sicilian port is both Allied-controlled and undamaged for the first time..

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Don Botkin
United States
Morton
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, the rules say the Fading Italian Morale marker gets added to the cup as soon as an undamaged port is taken by the Allies. However, I think that is just so the Allied player does not forget to add the event later prior to his chit pulls for his next turn.

I think the asterisk on the turn track gives an indication that additional chit draws do not start until turn 2 but I also see where it could be interpreted the other way.

However, for me the defining interpretation is contained on page 19 of the Play Book under the heading Captured Ports and VP Areas. It states that the Fading Italian Morale event marker is placed into the selection cup the moment the Allies capture an undamaged port, then proceeds to say when this event is drawn on a future game turn, it is placed on the track and it goes into effect. I wish this had been stated more clearly in the Series Rule Book instead of in the Play Book.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.