Popular Tags: [View All]
Ben Harris
United States
Beaverton
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
First to 40 wins immediately, and don't score any more treasure areas?

or

Scoring round is completed, if one or more players reach 40 or more, the person with the highest total wins?

Thanks for the help!

Edit: Spellin

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris
United States
Huntington Station
New York
flag msg tools
badge
The rules in THREE places say the game ends as soon as any player reaches 40 points. Maybe that is why the dungeons are evaluated from A through F?

When we first read this we took this to mean that the game ends at the end of the entire scoring, after resolving all dungeons from A through F; that this is a trigger meaning the game will end after all dungeons A-F are resolved and all chits therein earned are converted to VPs.

We never noticed that the rules state otherwise until now. I think it is a mistake and that the intent is to finish the entire scoring round then end the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yours Truly,
United States
Raleigh
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
There must have been a moment at the beginning, where we could have said no. Somehow we missed it. Well, we'll know better next time.
mbmbmbmbmb
Finish the scoring round.

Rules say
The game ends when, during scoring, one or more players reaches or passes 40 on the scoring track."
I think they are trying to emphasize that for example someone can't end the game via bonus action.

Also they say
"Turns unfold as such until one player reaches or exceeds 40 points during the Treasure Chest action. As soon as this occurs, points are counted and the game ends."

Again, clarifying that you can't trigger game end during Adventures action with a bonus zone.

But here's the thing. If you read the Scoring Round rules carefully (which take place during Treasure Chest action), as you gather a treasure, you don't get points right away, you just collect chits.
Under scoring points (emphasis mine):
"Once treasures have been collected from every dungeon, points are scored. A treasure is worth its number (written on the token) multiplied by its market value."

So points are scored simultaneously once ALL the dungeons have been cleared. At that point, if one or more are at 40 or more, game ends.

In the game I played, some players were starting to take short cuts and scoring as they gathered the treasure, so I could see how that could lead to confusion. If played according to the letter of the rules, it's pretty clear though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Juha Partanen
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
A quick comment on the Finnish / Swedish Lautapelit.fi version.

The Finnish rules say, that the game ends when someone hits 40+ points. No mention that it has to be at the end of treasure scoring. The Swedish rules say, that the scoring is checked only at the end of treasure collecting.

So the Finnish version of the rules is missing this essential information.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.