Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Anthony L.
United States
San Antonio
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I was just wondering (As I've actually always played this way and a new player brought this up in our game today), when you do conquests on your turn, I know you can either pull units and invade more adjacent spaces or remove your armies entirely and attack from a different board edge, but is it possible to mix the two? ie, can I pull some of my units off, leave some spaces occupied, and use the pulled ones to invade from a different map edge, or does it have to be all or nothing?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Julius Andrikonis
Lithuania
Vilnius
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
No. You cannot do that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Danny Mack
United States
Menifee
California
flag msg tools
designer
Lefty / Happily Married / Parent of 2 Girls / Christian / Yucata User
badge
Smack dat Ghoulie, Mr. Trolla!
mbmbmbmbmb
If you control regions C-D-E-F-G you can do the following:
> Leave at least 1 token on each of the 5 regions and conquer adjacent to them: B-C-D-E-F-G-H-I

> Abandon a few regions and conquer adjacent to the remaining ones: B-C_ _ _F-G-H
(expansion from this divided empire may be along a different edge of the map)

> Abandon all of your regions and re-enter the map from elsewhere (which may or may not include some of the regions you originally held): J-I-H-G
Exception: Gypsies cannot retake a region they abandoned in the same turn.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Leber
Canada
Orillia
ON
flag msg tools
Yin
badge
Yang
mbmbmbmbmb
Danny's right. You can abandon some. From page 6 of the rulebook (emphasis mine):

> Abandoning a Region
Only those Race tokens that were taken back in hand may
be used to conquer new Regions. If a player wishes to free up
some more Race tokens, he may opt to entirely empty up
some - or all - Regions

Edit: oh, I misread the original question, sorry. You can't re-enter the map from a non-adjacent location unless you have abandoned all.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.