Kenny
msg tools
mb
Hi guys, has anyone tried fighting against these 3 bosses - Gor-Bor-Gor the Savage, Ravin the Ravenous, Moakileki the Destroyer?

These bosses can end the game with x number of doom counters on them and from what I see, skull rituals will put 2 doom counters immediately. That means if 4 skull rituals pass, game over, we all go home. Seems kinda too fast to end the game isn't it? Usually my game lasts about 3 hours plus but with this I don't think we'll last 1 hour.

Can anyone share problems or strategies against these 3?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Judd Jensen
United States
Belgrade
Montana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Mists of Zanaga games tend to go a lot faster than normal Runebound games, as you either win quickly or lose quickly. Definitely makes for an exciting race game, and all the players need to play strategically when placing tokens on the various rituals. All that said, I think this is also the easiest of the big box expansions over all, so don't be too alarmed by how difficult a certain special ability may first appear. My city of adventure and screaming jungle variants for this expansion actually strives to make this expansion more difficult just to allow the bad guys a better chance at victory.

So don't despair, and give those primal gods a good kicking.

Judd
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ronald Carlson
United States
Austin
Washington, California, Oregon, Texas, Wisconsin, Illinois, Indiana, Ohio, Kansas, Colorado, Nevada, Hawaii, etc. :-)
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So we were playing MoZ and the following scenario occurred :

I finished a challenge that activated the Ritual of Rebirth Ritual Card...
Then, when that triggered a Sun Token to be placed upon it, it
caused Ravin the Ravenous to place a Doom Token on the Lost City. devil

If this is correct, the game immediately ends, because the win condition requires access to the Lost City to fight the Primal God...! surprise

Is this correct...?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Petr Kolarik
msg tools
Hi,

I would expect for each of the Gods you have a chance to win, but in this case e.g. Gor-Bor-Gor the Savage there is no chance. Because you can't reach the red ritual deck (= fight against the God) without reaching 8 doom counters on the God card (assuming number of skull or sun ritual cards in green, yellow, purple stack).

Or am I wrong? Have I missed any rule?

Regards,

Petr

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.