Bart Vandermeulen
Belgium
Herent
Vlaams Brabant
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi all,

I picked up DR 2 days ago.
I went through the rules and started liking it more and more.
Along the way, however, I started thinking how the group I play with would respond. Hence my questions;

1) Are there any fun-breaking things to avoid?
At first I already imagined someone just staying near the entrance while keeping full health, and at the end-game just wait for the guy trying to escape... But than I realised this would be a healthy low level guy VS a leveled up, armed to the teeth, supercharged, machine of death. So that's off the list...
Are there any ways to play this to really ruin the game (for everyone)?
Just so I can houserule that stuff to oblivion.

2) I know the backstabbing / bluffing / temporary allies is a great part of the game, but some people in my group don't deal well with that.
(You all know them, the couple that doesn't attack eachother out of fear of in-bed-retribution, the guy that gets frustrated if he gets attacked once, ... )
So I wanted to check if anyone has ever tried this as a co-op.
And any idea on this would be much appreciated.
The obvious thing would be to play until the dungeon boss is dead, and yay, victory. But does DR have enough... "filling" to handle that?
(Don't take that question the wrong way; I know it's me turning a perfectly good game into something it's not. Just like to see if it can be that)

Cheers,

G.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gert Corthout
Belgium
Lille
Antwerpen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
As a co-op it's crap and would need some serious houseruling. This game is great because it isn't a co-op, but a times helping each other still is the best course of action.

So to return to your first question, the fun-breaking thing to avoid is playing it like a co-op. Also because there are many skills and special abilities that do all kinds of funky stuff make sure you do an introduction round first so everyone knows about the special abilities and every time a level up occurs make sure everyone knows about the new skill gained. They'll still forget the first few plays, but at least they can't pull the "I was never told about that" card.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Anderson
United States
Fort Mill
South Carolina
flag msg tools
Yeah, I would have to say this wouldn't play that well as a co-op, probably could have some fun with it, but overall probably not too much. I guess with the right house rules it could be fun, but man it would be a bit of a mess definitely. Might be easier to pull off with an expansion or two under its belt.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.