Hide
7 Posts

Zombie State: Diplomacy of the Dead» Forums » Rules

Subject: Victory Condition rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
tatami suiren
msg tools
I am japanse and I read japanese rule.but it is confusion.

Q1:Which is correct?
A)the player can have no ZTs placed in their territory for the remainder of the turn(Even if the ZT is immediately destroyed,the player can keep ZT free).
B)the player can have no ZTs placed in their territory for the remainder of the turn(Even if the ZT is immediately destroyed,the player can't keep ZT free).

Q2:If A is correct.what does "immediately destroyed" mean?
A)ZTs are destroyed when ZTs were placed in the player's territory.
B)ZTs are destroyed by turn's end.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darrell Hanning
United States
Jacksonville
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
We will meet at the Hour of Scampering.
mbmbmbmbmb
I think you'll need to say what specific section in the rules you are referring to.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
tatami suiren
msg tools
Sorry,it is written to "End Game Scenarios: 1)" 11-page of a rule.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darrell Hanning
United States
Jacksonville
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The rule as stated in the English rules:

"To be ZT free the player must begin the turn with no ZTs in their territory and the player can have no ZTs placed in their territory for the remainder of the turn. (Even if the ZT is immediately destroyed.)"

What the statement means is that, in order for the game to end according to item number 1, at least one player must keep every territory of their country free of Zombie Tokens for the entire turn. Being able to eliminate ZTs after they've been placed does not count as "keeping every territory free of ZTs for the entire turn". If you have a technology that prevents them from being placed, though, that would count.

So, the rule as written in English is correct. I don't understand why the translator added that last little piece to the rule, as it does seem to confuse things.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
tatami suiren
msg tools
I understood ,thank you.
I did not have confidence in my interpretation of an English rule.Therefore, I was not able to have the corroboration which is wrong in the Japanese rule. However, it turned out that the Japanese rule is wrong now.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ricardo mesas spencer
Spain
benidorm
ALICANTE
flag msg tools
mb
Hi, when you mean no zombies in your territory, Its means in territories that you have a dice or all your starting territories?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darrell Hanning
United States
Jacksonville
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
rickycentral wrote:
Hi, when you mean no zombies in your territory, Its means in territories that you have a dice or all your starting territories?

I think item 2 under End Game Scenarios, on page 11, answers this. Since it defines a "player's territory" as all regions with or without dice, then it follows that a "player's territory" is every region the player started the game with.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.