Popular Tags: [View All]
Tom Williamson
United Kingdom
London
Greater London
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just played my first game of AGOT with my wife yesterday - been researching the game and waiting with great anticipation to get it on the table.

It was worth the wait although the result was a 15-0 whitewash in my favour. Baratheon overcoming Lannister as a result of very fortuitous card draws meaning that Lannister had no suitable characters to defend my military challenges, allowing me to gain a foothold and accumulate quick power with Stannis Baratheon and Edric Storm.

The one move that probably changed the tide in my favour was my ability to marshal the Army of the Faithful during the second turn. As such, I just wanted to check that I did so correctly.

I had in play at the end of the 1st turn The Street of Sisters, Narrow Sea, Old Red Priest and Stormland Fiefdoms. I knelt The Street of Sisters (-1 cost to next power character) and the Fiefdoms (-1 cost to next Baratheon character) and discarded the Narrow Sea (-2 cost to next Baratheon character). Taking into account my one Asshai card in play (Old Red Priest), I marshalled the Army at a cost of 1 gold (the base cost for the Army being 6 gold).

My query therefore is whether it is legal to use multiple cards to reduce the cost of a single unit.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jimmie Andersson
Sweden
Malmö
Skåne
flag msg tools
badge
Uuurrh! I let him in, uuuhh, was that not cool? Arrrarrh...
mbmbmbmbmb
Yup. You can do that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Williamson
United Kingdom
London
Greater London
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for confirming. Just needed to check as it seemed all too easy!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.