Super Dungeon Explore» Forums » General

Subject: How are YOU tracking: SMOKE? where is it at? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Regi Bennett
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
So how are YOU tracking Smoke? memorize? and cool markers or counters?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexander Juri
Germany
München
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
There are those two fancy markers with no further benefit, intended for marking special effects. We used those for the center of Smoke-Clouds. We never had more than one of them. If there are more I would use coins or ... stuff

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tino Seth
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I use Armorcast's zone effect markers. Very nifty.

http://armorcast.com/store/index.php?cPath=116_110
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Regi Bennett
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
Tinoseth wrote:

That is very cool stuff, thanks for the link!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua Kenney
United States
New Milford
Connecticut
flag msg tools
Gotta catch 'em all!
badge
I like shorts. They are comfy and easy to wear.
mbmbmbmbmb
Tinoseth wrote:

I'd been looking at Litko's musket fire tokens, but the Armorcast markers are a much more elegant solution.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
T C
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Cotton balls can also work decently for the smoke.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Halgrim Padfoot
msg tools
mb
I also use the generic "game effects" tokens that come with SDE to track the centre of smoke pots. The game should come with 8, I think, and they look like small versions of the blue Power Gauge tracker token.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Regi Bennett
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
morpheus133 wrote:
Cotton balls can also work decently for the smoke.

lol. I love this!

such a great idea. haha. cheap, and static-smoke like!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oscar
Spain
Madrid
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm going to print as many smoke templates as Flingers are in the box, each in a different colour. So I'll place the smoke under the figures, and it will be just one big circular token.
I'm at work at the moment,so if someone it's kind enough to tell me how many cm it's a game square I'll make it here=).
Thank you!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff
msg tools
Clear plastic cut to 9x9 squares with some sparse black marker to make it smokey. Looks like smoke, but easy to place under units and then move across.

Having all squares denoted makes that LOS call that might impact the whole game a lot easier to resolve... especially if there's the "was the smoke here, or there?" shenanigans.

Clear plastic? I used the container of some Christmas greeting cards. But transparency paper from an office or crafts shop should do the trick.

Consul Insider Rant: With no smoke, I could never hold my own against my cheap, area of effect, kiting loser Hero adversaries. But smoke can procedurally slow the game down as you place and bicker about it. So making it quick and easy to use seems critical.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derrek Kyzar
United States
Ponchatoula
LA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
While I think it's great that people are dealing with the lack of smoke markers in logical (using other markers) or cool (cotton balls) ways, I think we are letting the devs off the hook a bit by not asking the more simple question of "Why the heck are there no smoke markers in the game?"

There are too many markers that are seldom used because they are harmful effects that would go on a monster but it only has 1 HP. And NO beneficial markers at all that would be useful to remember what hero has what ability for the round. A round can be a long time with 5 heroes. Which person has the damage shield again? Which Kobold is giving the Shield Wall? Which caster is giving the attack aura again?

I really really like the game, but from what I understand, it was in development a really long time so I'm just puzzled. Hoping they will have these markers in the expansion.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.