Hi All,

I have the following light party styled games:
BANG!
Bohnanza
The Resistance
The Werewolves of Miller's Hollow
Cutthroat Caverns
Fearsome Floors

Just want to know if Saboteur 2 would be redundant?

Thanks,
Madhu

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geert Vinaskov
Belgium
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
For me, Saboteur 2 replaces Bang. It's shorter and a lot lighter.

Compared to The Resistance, it's more of a game, and less of a deduction-excercise. That's why I think Saboteur is more of a game for casual players, while The Resistance may be more of a casual game for gamers.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Troy Creamer
United States
Arlington Heights
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Are you aware Saboteur 2 is just an expansion for Saboteur. I can't comment on the expansion but i have the Resistance and Saboteur and both are great to have in a collection. Saboteur works great for around 5-6 people the Resistence is great around 7-8. So far Saboteur has been a huge hit with my group and I enjoy it too. However we have had to tweek the game here and there to get the most out of it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yours Truly,
United States
Raleigh
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
There must have been a moment at the beginning, where we could have said no. Somehow we missed it. Well, we'll know better next time.
mbmbmbmbmb
gecko1919 wrote:
Are you aware Saboteur 2 is just an expansion for Saboteur.

It depends on which version. I believe the French and Dutch versions DO include the base game, whereas the English, Hungarian and Polish versions DO NOT include the base game.

As for the OPs question. I have only played base Saboteur. Off your list I have only played Bang, Werewolf and Fearsome Floors. I would not say Sabteur's redundant to any of these. It's a fun fast tile-laying psychological game. Definitely recommended.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.