flag msg tools
designer
publisher
@m_a_r_t_ij_n
badge
@m_a_r_t_ij_n
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi,

There are 2 things the rules don't explicitly/clearly state. So I checked wih the publisher and I figured I'd share the info I got back from them:

- Players can have a negative score
- The skulls on a card also count towards the four needed to sail to Skull Island (on the first roll)

Cheers,
Martijn
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carlos Abrunhosa
Portugal
Aveiro
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have another doubt:

If i can go to Dead Island with 2 skulls + 1 card with 2 skulls, i must re-roll all the dies even the first 2 dies i used to go to Dead Island? or Can i preserve the first 2 dies and try to re-roll the other 6 dies? My questions it's all about to know if we start sharing negative points even after the 1st re-roll of dies.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martijn Althuizen
Netherlands
Helmond
Noord Brabant
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
@m_a_r_t_ij_n
badge
@m_a_r_t_ij_n
mbmbmbmbmb
Abruk wrote:
I have another doubt:

If i can go to Dead Island with 2 skulls + 1 card with 2 skulls, i must re-roll all the dies even the first 2 dies i used to go to Dead Island? or Can i preserve the first 2 dies and try to re-roll the other 6 dies? My questions it's all about to know if we start sharing negative points even after the 1st re-roll of dies.

Any skulls are kept on the table until the end of the turn. So if you have a card with 2 skulls and 2 skull dice on the first roll, you re-roll the 6 remaining dice that didn't show skulls. As long as you get at least 1 skull in a re-roll (set aside any skulls..), you keep re-rolling. Only stop when none of the dice show a skull. Then you count the total number of skulls (for example 2 on the card and 4 skull dice = 6). All players except the one player whose turn it is has to subtract 100 points for each skull, so in this case 600 points.

If the above scenario happens to the first player of a newly started game, then this player will remain at 0 points, while all others will start their respective turns with -600 points..
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.