Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Marko Dobranic
Croatia
Zagreb
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Here are some houserules/variants for more challenging game that my game group came up with:
1. When 2 or more players tie with movement points for risk tokens (phase 2), all tied players have to agree which risk token they will all take.
Added: If they don't agree, thay have to take the biggest rist token.
example: player A, B, C are tied. Available risk tokens are 1, 2, 2. Tied players agree to take risk token with value 1. All three of them have to reduce movement or aclimatization for 1.
This rule is in the spirit of the game, because there is little sense when nobody has to take risk token and tied players had big value of movement points.

2. For difficult play, all 6 weather tiles are placed in 1 pile. Only 1 is shown. This way players can see only 3 days, and zero days ahead when they are on third day. This makes game even more challenging.
Explanation for this rule is quite simple. Base camp does not have satellite/GSM communication with outside world. Base camp recieves 3-day forecast every 3 days (by foot) from nearby village.

3. tents For every unused (unplaced) tent, player recieves 1 point at the end of the game. Or players can agree to use just 1 tent or not to use tents at all.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russ Williams
Poland
Wrocław
Dolny Śląsk
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmb
mado78 wrote:
1. When 2 or more players tie with movement points for risk tokens (phase 2), all tied players have to agree which risk token they will all take.

And if they don't agree? I guess then the biggest risk token is used...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Manuel Pasi
Switzerland
Zürich
flag msg tools
Ka Mate Ka Mate
badge
Ka Ora Ka Ora
mbmbmbmbmb
Thematically I tzend to agree with point 1, but gameplaywise I kinda like the way the rules are...and you could still find some reasoning for it thematically: a stroke of luck, exceptionally good footing etc
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marko Dobranic
Croatia
Zagreb
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
When you play solo, you always have to take risk token. It is not fair when you have to take risk token because your movement points are highest but small (3 or 4), and another time 2-3 players have high movement points (7-8) but they don't have to take risk token just because they tied. Player(s) with highest movement point should always take risk token because they perform highest risk that day. Risk token with value 0 is a stroke of luck etc.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Barlow
Canada
Stratford
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
badge
No one takes the time to read anymore.
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: 1. When first playing this game solo, the risk token I took was from the whole pile face down, not a choice of three. That made the game much harder. Choosing 1 of 3 is child's play.

Re: 2. I like this idea and it's certainly occurred to me.

Re: 3. I'd be hard pressed not to use my tents. Great idea!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
yeow choon hong
msg tools
Additional Tweaks

1)
Problem-Not getting two man up there. usually one guy will go up and then one will stay below.

Solution: you need two man adjacent to each other to pitch tent.

2)
Problem-Try to time for the end game to be right on top.

Solution- In order for the players to get any points, they have to go down below the 6000 mark after the game have ended if not they dont get any.
Will give k2 the risk it and earn it solution. Players will think twice of pushing right to the top.

3)Problem - No rush! players know they have 18 turns

solution- Simulating avalanche.

1)when there are 3 risk token the same, the top most player will suffer a 3 point(risk token resolve)immediately. If ties both get it.

2) Every time this happens twice. one of the weather tile is removed.

Please give feedback.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.