JonnyRotten
United States
Montpelier
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Greetings fellow geeks! It's Monday! The weekend is now over, and as we toil at our assorted labors, we should recount our past weekend gaming exploits.

So, all you weekend gamers, bring your mini-session reports and stories of weekend gaming greatness, as you pop in here to answer the question:
What did you play this weekend?

The Geeklist version can be found here:
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/106835/what-did-you-pl...

Check out the subscription thread:
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/article/4115320 Subscribe so you don't miss a single moment of the fun!

All in all, an excellent weekend for gaming! Nice and relaxing. If only Christmas shutdown had been like this!!!

2012-01-14 I had to work in the morning, but afterwards our friend Jason came over, and we introduced my wife to Flash Point, which she loved, and then a couple more friends came over (the other Jason and his non-gamer wife) and he had her try Jaipur, while we wrapped up Flash Point, and then we all played TTR and Wizard, which she liked. We will make a gamer of her yet!!!
Rukshuk
Flash Point: Fire Rescue
Ticket to Ride
Wizard

2012-01-15 - Awesome gaming day. It started off with my wife and I teaching my oldest son Flash Point. And then her and I played a game of ED. As we were playing that, her brother and his girlfriend called up, and offered to bring over Pizza if we wanted to hang out. They arrived just as ED was finishing, so we taught them Flash Point, and played twice. Then we watched part of the first Batsu game (I love wacky Japanese TV). After they left, we had plans for another couple to come over and visit, and finally exchange our Christmas gifts. So they showed up. He showed me a prototype he is working on, and then we played 2 games of Flash Point.
Flash Point: Fire Rescue x 5
Eminent Domain
Mord im Arosa
Roll Through the Ages: The Bronze Age

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shayne Gray
United States
Akron
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Had a good weekend of gaming.

Friday played
2 x Kingdom Builder
Eminent Domain

Saturday
Played an epic game of
Battlestar Galactica: The Board Game

Sunday
3xZombie Dice
2xLost Cities

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Kunes
United States
Cincinnati
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Friday
My wife and I chose to play Agricola after dinner while the kids were busy doing their thing. Eventually my oldest sat down and watched us play the last few rounds and asked if she could learn how to play. This led to our first 3p family game which was a lot of fun as well. She said she liked it and will want to play it again. (Agricola 2x)

Saturday
Friday while at work I noticed Saturday afternoon was wide open on my calendar. My brother-in-law wanted to play some games before he moves so I texted him and some guys and successfully pulled together 4 commitments to play. My BIL ended up running 30 minutes late, so one of the guys finally got to introduce the rest of us to Dominion (which further solidified its inclusion on my wish list). Then we proceeded with our planned 5p game of Eclipse which was fun, yet long as we are all still learning it. To cap the evening, I played two quick games of Hive with my BIL while we waited for dinner. Glad to have an additional Hive opponent. (Dominoion 1x, Eclipse 1x, Hive 2x)

meeple Keep playing...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Meadow
United States
Waukesha
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
Thanks for reading me, I'm so lonely.
mbmbmbmbmb
nothing. We made plans to get in games Friday, Saturday and Sunday night... but our 6 month old daughter had other plans. I do get to go play games on Wednesday night though
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ludovic Roy
Canada
Gatineau
Québec
flag msg tools
27 World Series titles and counting!
badge
And 28 is coming soon!
mbmbmbmbmb
Nice weekend for gaming:

Ninjato x1
Heroes of Graxia x1
Le Boomb x2
Jaipur x2
Eclipse x1
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Salamone
United States
Billerica
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
Aggravating people worldwide since 1964
mbmbmbmbmb
Dominion with Dominion: Prosperity - a few times
Castelli - twice
Masters Gallery - once

But mostly I watched the NFL playoffs . . .

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Riddle
United States
Oxford
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The Lord of the Rings: The Card Game x 3
Cargo Noir 2nd time through and ya, not my fav. its ok. awesome art and components but not actually a great game
Bohnanza great random game
Glen More anoher great game
Fleet (coming soon!!!!) best game ever!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt B
United States
Cincinnati
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
On Sunday, 7 Wonders x3 (only 3 players).

Younger brother Dave won all 3! Way to go Dave!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stijn
Belgium
Antwerpen
Vlaanderen
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Two games that are new to me.

Tomb: Cryptmaster - which I enjoyed as a roleplayer and a Munchkin fan. In fact I might buy this game just for the solo experience. And I won. Not sure I'd want to play it in a group again though. Several cards are very unclear IMO and can be interpreted a multitude of ways. One situation especially we argued for about half an hour before I decided to just drop it and let the other guy go with his interpretation. It would be nice to have a massive FAQ and Errata list.

7 Wonders - Finally got a chance to play this. Immediately came in second with a score of 61. I'm told that's a pretty high score in this game. I did make some silly mistakes though. But mostly because I still don't understand one iota of how the green cards are scored (even though they explained it to me thrice).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charles Phillips
United States
Pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Saturday at the game club:

Taught Alien Frontiers to two new players, played a four player game.

Taught Eminent Domain to a new player, played a four player game.

Taught Alien Frontiers to another new player, played a second four player game.

I finished tied for second in both games of Alien Frontiers. I have now played Alien Frontiers four times and every time, finished tied with one player for second place! I think second place ties must be a common result in this game.

Finished the day by learning to play Troyes, at which I did horribly, finished in last place in a four player game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Liam
Scotland
flag msg tools
admin
badge
I am BGG's official honey trap
mbmbmbmbmb
Cough... this weekend I was mostly on RPGGeek and after buying Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Core Rulebook I spent most of the weekend building characters, looking up rules and slaying lizard folk... It's a whole new world - not a meeple or mini or board in sight.

whistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hector Bravado
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
mb
We played a foursome of Chaos in the Old World, about our fifth or sixth game, and the third time running that Khorne just stomped on everybody and won with the dial advancement condition. I play Nurgle, and am still trying to figure out how to cope with Khorne's rapid dial advancement. Definitely enjoying the challenge of figuring out a winning strategy.

After that, two of us broke out Tannhauser. Still learning this one. I played Reich and got stomped by the Union. I really think this game is a ripping good time and am trying to add some nuance to my rush-into-a-room-and-blast-until-everybody's-dead strategy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derek
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I was very busy this weekend so I didn't get to play anything Friday or Saturday. But Sunday was my mom's birthday so at I brought over Ticket to Ride: Europe for the family to play. My nephew, who's obsessed with trains, had a fun time watching.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Wertz
United States
Souderton
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Friday - Nothing

Saturday - 5 year old wanted to play some games, so we played.
Five Little Monkeys Jumping on the Bed - Daughter won.
Sorry! Sliders Standard board - I won once, and my wife won the other time.

Sunday -
Agricola - Wife hasn't caught on yet, so I played solo twice. Still learning the game, but improved to 37 & 40 points in the games.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patar Absurdus the Shananigator
United States
Carrollton
TX
flag msg tools
"Gird Up Your Loins, Like a Man!" ~God to Job
badge
"We're put on this earth to do a job. And each of us gets the time we get to do it. And when this life is over and you stand in front of the Lord... Well, you try tellin' him it was all some Frenchman's joke." ~Betsy Solverson
mbmbmbmbmb
7 Wonders
Chaos in the Old World 2x
Horse Fever

The latter 2 were both new to me and awesome!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Herrera
United States
Highland
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Unfortunately, nothing this weekend...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Chapa
United States
San Antonio
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It was a pretty good gaming weekend for me.

Friday
Risk Legacy (2 plays)
D-Day Dice (Print and Play demo)

Saturday
Space Hulk Death Angel
Dominion

Sunday
SKYRIM!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neil Henning
United States
Nutley
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Warriors & Traders- Played this one two more times. Well worth people picking up. It gets better the more times you play.

Catan: Cities & Knights-I hadn't played this one in quite some time. I won a three player game that was very close.

Acquire- Another one I haven't played in a while. I can never seem to win this one. Always come up a little short.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.