Hide
11 Posts

Carcassonne: Expansion 1 – Inns & Cathedrals» Forums » Rules

Subject: Question about the big meeple rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
tostadora tostadora
msg tools
Hi! We've just started to play Carcassonne with this expansion and we've a doubt:

Does the big meeple "replace" one of the regular meeples or it's just added to the avaliable meeples of a player, thus allowing to have one more "playing meeple"? meeple

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jerome Chan
Singapore
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I believe it's in addition to.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Miguel (working on TENNISmind...)
France
Caen
(from Valencia, Spain)
flag msg tools
designer
My latest game: Big*Bang, a simple abstract about the first minutes of the Universe
badge
My best-rated game: TETRARCHIA, about the tetrarchy that saved Rome
mbmbmbmbmb
It is added, you have one extra meeple and it counts double when determining majorities. Since the expansion adds more tiles, having one more meeple to place is good.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tiwaz Tyrsfist
United States
Gladstone
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
Yay, Overtext bought with supporter GG!
badge
Supporter #3170 - I hope the bonus gets high enough that I can buy GeekBadge Overtext!
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, as you add expansions, you add many tiles, and the end board gets bigger and bigger. Thus, all the special meeples are "In Addition To" your regular meeples, because you have more area to cover and there will be more unfinished stuff at any given time then there was before.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
tostadora tostadora
msg tools
Great! We were playing the right way, then.

Thanks all for your answers!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Starling
United States
Raleigh
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Since on the subject of big meeples.
Do they count 2x when scoring?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pete Hooper
United States
Rockford
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Tarheel55 wrote:

I believe that they only count as two when determining who has the most meeples in a scoring situation (such as a city). The player with the most meeples is the one who gets the points.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Wheelock
Canada
Woodstock
New Brunswick
flag msg tools
badge
David Malki drew this!
mbmbmbmbmb
Tarheel55 wrote:

No. (Very common misconception, though.) They count as two followers for the purposes of determining who 'owns' a feature, but have no effect on scoring.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Starling
United States
Raleigh
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Thanks for that, but I thought only 1 meeple regardless of size could occupy a city, road, or so forth. But your referring to when a city or road connects to another city or road that already has a follower on it. Whoever has the most gets the road?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Wheelock
Canada
Woodstock
New Brunswick
flag msg tools
badge
David Malki drew this!
mbmbmbmbmb
Tarheel55 wrote:
Thanks for that, but I thought only 1 meeple regardless of size could occupy a city, road, or so forth. But your referring to when a city or road connects to another city or road that already has a follower on it. Whoever has the most gets the road?

Yup. What you're describing is how Carcassonne can be competitive, and is exactly what the big follower is designed to promote.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Graham Rutland
United Kingdom
Leyton
LONDON
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Definitely come into their own if you have The Count, as you can store your big meeple up in Carcassonne's market until the very end of the game, then when someone scores a farm, WHAM, you take it. That's how my girlfriend closed a 150-point lead I had on her. We checked, as long as it's a feature being scored, which this was, it's legal.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.