Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Chad Taylor
United States
Darien
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There seemed to be a number of times when everyone would roll two unmatched siders (which puts them out for the round). The rules don't seem to have any explanation for what happens at this point (Rule Rulers, feel free to point out the exact rule I missed). I suppose the card could go under the deck and you start a new round. However, we decided to do the same thing as when no one can get a leaning jowler:

When everyone is out on a card, put the next card on top of the missed card. Whoever wins that card gets both.

The game can also drag a little during some of the harder cards. We discovered a fun solution somewhere online, which my wife has dubbed Going Hog Wild.

If no one gets a card after three rounds, it becomes a mad race to see who can get it first. Turns no longer matter.

You may need to do away with the unmatched siders = out rule here.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benjamin Maggi
United States
Loudonville
NY
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I intended to purchase the regular old game of Pass the Pigs and accidently purchased the "Party Edition." I still got a nice black zip case and eight cute pigs, but I plan to purchase the score pads from the first game and play using those rules...

... meaning each player essentially rolls and scores, pressing their luck until they roll something which canceles their score for that turn (or all their "banked" points). Players try to earn up to 100 points total. This version is what I grew up on, and seems more fun to me. I doubt I will even unwrap the cards from shrink.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anthony C
United States
Ferndale
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I like this variant!

Bullwinkle wrote:
There seemed to be a number of times when everyone would roll two unmatched siders (which puts them out for the round). The rules don't seem to have any explanation for what happens at this point (Rule Rulers, feel free to point out the exact rule I missed). I suppose the card could go under the deck and you start a new round. However, we decided to do the same thing as when no one can get a leaning jowler:

When everyone is out on a card, put the next card on top of the missed card. Whoever wins that card gets both.

The game can also drag a little during some of the harder cards. We discovered a fun solution somewhere online, which my wife has dubbed Going Hog Wild.

If no one gets a card after three rounds, it becomes a mad race to see who can get it first. Turns no longer matter.

You may need to do away with the unmatched siders = out rule here.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.