Popular Tags: [View All]
Guy Heinz
United States
Kenockee
MI
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

I see a couple threads that people are playing the app with infinite turns up to 1200 and 1500 points. I can't find an option to turn on infinite turns in the base game. Is it with ROTF only?

Thanks

Guy

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Klinck
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It's not an option, but a combination of cards based around the Tablet of Time's Dawn, the Reclamax, and something that lets you treat all constructs as Mechana (a few cards do this).

Although, since Reclamax is a ROTF card, I guess it is ROTF only.

I have sometimes thought, though, that a longer game option would be nice.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Guy Heinz
United States
Kenockee
MI
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, I would like that too. It seems like you're just getting your deck set up the way you want and then the game is over. However, that could just be because I am a noob to CCG type games and probably have waaaaay too many cards in my deck during the game!

Guy

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trent Hamm
United States
Huxley
Iowa
flag msg tools
See this text? It's a gratuitous waste of GeekGold.
badge
The game itself isn't important. Spending time intellectually jousting with likeminded folks is the real reason to game.
mbmbmbmbmb
I've gone infinite twice. Here's how you do it.

The core of the combo:
Hedron Link Device (all constructs are Mechana)
Reclamax (a Mech. construct that allows you to buy a Mech. construct from the discard pile if you discard Reclamax)
Tablet of Time's Dawn (send to void to take an extra turn)

So, you use the Tablet, then you use Reclamax to buy it again because Hedron Link Device makes the Tablet into a Mechana Construct.

Now, how do you go infinite with that? You need just a few more Mechana Constructs:

Rocket Courier (put a Mechana Construct you buy directly into play) is really key.
The Grand Design x 2 plus Watchmaker's Altar gives you 5 runes to spend on Mechana constructs, making the Tablet "free."
Hedron Cannon, which is how you accumulate victory points.

All you really need are those eight cards - the seven Mechana constructs and Tablet of Time's Dawn. Your deck needs to be five cards so you draw the whole deck each turn (you could have more cards, but all but four of them need to have the ability to draw a card on it, so you could leave in things like Spike Vixen). One of the cards will be Reclamax, because you keep discarding it to buy back Tablet of Time's Dawn. The other four cards are probably best if they're just fight-producing cards like Heavy Infantry, Demon Slayer, or Emri, One With the Void. Both times, I've used 2x Shade of the Black Watch as two of the fight cards and used the card-trashing ability to trash everything else in my deck until I was down to just five cards.

So, each turn, you draw a hand of four fight cards and Reclamax. Play everything. Use Hedron Cannon, probably giving yourself 10 total fight. Kill the Cultist five times. Discard Reclamax to get Tablet out of the graveyard, paying for it with The Grand Design x 2 and Watchmaker's Altar, and put it directly into play using Rocket Courier. Use the Tablet. Then end your turn and take another turn from the Tablet. You do this forever, gaining about five victory points a turn.

If you pull this off in the app and are doing anything besides killing the Cultist, you MUST make sure that you don't let Tablet get shuffled back into the Portal deck. If the deck runs out and the Void is reshuffled when your Tablet is in it, your Tablet is now back in the deck and your combo is pretty much over.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian Busch

Broomfield
Colorado
msg tools
mb
My friend just infinite combo'd me today. His combo broke after he hit about 500 points (not including cards). Don't remember if he just gave up or if the tablet got reshuffled.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Calomino
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
I've done this twice. Once against AI, and once in an online match. I didn't run it up in the match with the real person. I think I played 4 or 5 solid turns, enough to ensure the win without a "Mechana endowed vs. Mechana deficient" size discrepancy. It helped that this was the second time, and I didn't feel the need to see how far I could go.

The time against the AI was a lot of fun, though. I was playing my entire deck every turn. After I got to about 500, I decided I needed to try and accomplish something as opposed to just seeing how high I willing to get my total before deciding to do something else. The new goal? I wanted to *try* and consume the entire Portal Deck.

Looking back on it, I could've succeeded if I had been smarter. For the most part, I was just defeating the monsters instead of adding them to my deck. My thought was to get the cards that draw more cards (I needed to fish out those Reclamax's) to show up as often as possible. I should've done it more evenly. By the time I would have a Reclamax, the Void would have been shuffled back into the Portal Deck, and I'd have to defeat and banish my way through it to get the tablet again. The first time I was on a "final" turn, I did manage to find it shortly before running out of fight. The second time, not so lucky.

PS - the Duke of Lies kept reappearing too, so (combined with AoF) I was going to be able to steal the AI player's deck, as well, which then would truly be all of the cards. Fun though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Calomino
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
Oh, having pretty much all of the Mechana constructs definitely helped, as I was adding about 30 fight per turn. I didn't have Project Alpha, but I had the rest, and then other constructs that now counted as Mechana constructs. It was definitely ridiculous. Putting the tablet into play drew 2 cards, then the idols drew 2 cards. I got the Portal deck down to 30 something, maybe less, but the last number I distinctly remember is 30 something. The AI player was down to 11, that I remember.

... I also took a picture of it, but um, lol, yeah. The picture isn't interactive, so you can't scroll through my deck. I discovered this when I was showing someone and tried to scroll and the picture changed. I immediately recognized that I was an idiot, dropped my head and said "fail." It was a good laugh for them, at least.

*EDIT*
47. 47 is the last number I remember. There were like, 6-10 turns after that, but like I said, I wasn't really adding too many monsters, so it's possible it didn't go lower than 47.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lars Gertsen
Denmark
Ã…rhus
Denmark
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi,

Tried to reproduce the Inifinite turns options on the IoS yesterday. (Setup a two player game with my self). I had to buy around 15 constructs before Reclamax came up. I only scored about 150 point before the game stopped. I probably forgot to play table. It was not so easy to see if i had played table this round or the round before. Is there any indication that I will have another round after this?

LarsG

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
SoCal
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
LarsGertsen wrote:
Hi,

Tried to reproduce the Inifinite turns options on the IoS yesterday. (Setup a two player game with my self). I had to buy around 15 constructs before Reclamax came up. I only scored about 150 point before the game stopped. I probably forgot to play table. It was not so easy to see if i had played table this round or the round before. Is there any indication that I will have another round after this?

LarsG
I think you just gotta remember. It's a "concern" in general where if you come back to a game after a long hiatus... It'd be nice to see a log of your past few turns to refresh you on what you did. I generally finish my games within the same sitting, but it's a "nice to have" is all.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zach Leatherman
United States
Nebraska
flag msg tools

Here's a screenshot of proof

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ironmark Games
United States
New York
flag msg tools
publisher
I know this is super late in the thread, but I just was turned on to the idea of "going infinite" on Ascension.
I use the base set and the concept is to always cycle always through the portal deck. Basically, you use the tablet, "banish from the center row" cards and monsters (to get rid of the undesirables), along with as many mechana constructs as you can nab. If you get all pieces you can cycle through the average 32 cards left in the void.
Another cool trick I use is to banish one drops from the center row so I can purchase them with wolf shaman only to banish them with arbiter or another banish card when it comes up in my deck (or from the discard right after I buy it, if Im lucky).

-IMG

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.