Michael Jordal
United States
Austin
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
Ike Clanton painted by me for Wild West Exodus
mbmbmbmbmb
It is definitely not my favorite way to play it as I really like the board to get crowded and have more player interaction, so 4 or 5 is my optimum number.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1603-1714
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
Now I can add text to my avatar? Sweet! How do I do it?
mbmbmbmbmb
I've played it with two and really liked it. The game plays really fast with just two and the endgame is (obviously) a head to head battle. There can be issues when assisting is required in a certain room or with a specific monster.

I do agree that it's not the best way to play, but I don't mind it at all.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Anderson
United States
Fort Mill
South Carolina
flag msg tools
I have only played it with two players so far and only played it a couple times, the first time was a lot of fun, the second time we picked characters that clearly would have played a lot better in a bigger group. Game is definitely playable and enjoyable with 2 players, but it clearly has a sweet spot that is more like 4 players where most of the other elements can come into play more frequently.

However, I will generally only be playing it with 2 and we were both eager to give it another go soon although we were already talking about how we could tweak some rules to make it a bit better for two.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keith Setliff
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I wouldn't recommend it. We just played 2 games with 2 players and it seems like it's not worth it, especially when the "Uber" ability comes into play. Why would 1 player ever assist the other player?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank S
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
2 players might not be the best way to play but as a shorter game it is still fun and worth the odd play. It is true that some of the finer aspects will get missed.

Enjoy regardless!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Iradian
Canada
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Really, really, really terrible.

Considering some monsters are immune to specific attacks, it makes the two player experience watered down.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
T B
Australia
South Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm thinking about each player having a two character team for my next two player game... perhaps that answers your question?

CRC

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
"Music That Glows In The Dark"
mbmbmbmbmb
If both players work together in the beginning but are prepared to screw each other over towards the end can this game be fun with two or are there other problems? What about if each control two characters.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.